Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • North Lakes Route Advice
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Ok, I’m sure this has been done to death, so feel free to direct me to the relevant threads/ resources, but otherwise;

Heading to the Bassenthwaite this weekend for a spot of The Rad Bikes. Saturday we’ll be bimbling round Whinlatter, but for sunday it would be good to do something a bit more involved – last year we did Helvellyn via Dollywaggon and it was belting, so I’m after a similar mountainous route, as well as a more mellow route for less less rad 2tha xtreme type people.

I’ll have a proper look at some maps tonight, but if anyone’s got and good routes within striking distance of Bassenthwaite, then feel free to share.

Cheeers.

drew

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/north-lakes-ride-ideas-please

When up visiting my folks in Silloth the other week I enjoyed this version of the back of Skiddaw loop. Park in Bassenthwaite and take the bridleway up past Peter House farm passing it on your left. Cross the road and follow the obvious track that takes you up to Whitewater dash and then onto Skiddaw house. Usual route takes you to lonscale fell but take a left instead and follow the fun trail that leads to Mosedale. Turn right onto the Mungrisdale road and then take the high road (keeping the river on your left) to Scales. Head for Threlkeld making use of the track that runs along by the A66 and then take the lane signposted to Wescoe, fork left just before you get there. Follow the track to the ford just past Brundholme but then head up to the left following a doubletrack that skirts a wood on the right, until it intersects with the Cumbria Way just by the car park.
    Turn right here and follow the Cumbria way back to Skiddaw House taking care on the rocky bits on Loncale Craggs, especially if it’s wet. At Skiddaw House reverse the route back to Bassenthwaite.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘North Lakes Route Advice’ is closed to new replies.