Superstars… Customer service

Home Forum Bike Forum Superstars… Customer service

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Superstars… Customer service
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

good luck…..
    I’m guessing the customer services department and returns department are not talking to each other.

This is mainly a bleat from me because I’m not happy. but that’s how it goes.
    I ordered some wheels, Red Hub, Red Rims, thought they’d look ace on my G Spot. Unfortunately they arrived and are not red, they are pink. so, not as described and, to my mind defective certainly in areas of spectral analysis. So I ask how to send them back and get pointed in the direction of their conditions of service, which incidentally are out of date as they still cite a VAT rate of 17.5%…
    I ask about postage back as the Post Office is just being silly and I get sent a link to parcel to go. Very little dialogue, not very happy. I’d heard good things about Superstars but I’m not seeing much evidence. As I said, bit of a bleat…

Kevevs

I am about to buy one of their ISIS BB’s. First time transaction. £30 to me is a lot of money.. deffo don’t want to be stung on a pink bottom bracket

seavers

Hummm, well I have ordered from them plenty of times. Mostly Brake pads but other stuff too a stem and a 10mm QR. Everything has been spot on but I have done so knowing they are not the best when it comes down to customer service. I am happy spending a few quid with them but a wheel set, no way. Too hit and miss when it comes to build quality.

In your case, you have 7 days from delivery to return, distance selling act and all that. Suck up the postage and get your money back.

sc-xc

I’m guessing the customer services department and returns department are not talking to each other.

😀

Customer Services – hey Neil…

Returns – yes Neil?

etc

darkslider

To balance it out, I’ve ordered loads of stuff from SSC when building a bike and didn’t have any problems with any of it, even a custom built DH wheelset arrived perfect and in true and hasn’t needed any more than a few slightly loosened spokes tensioning back up in a year now, still all running perfectly.

But their entire business model seems to be like the contractors triangle. You have good quality parts, cheap prices, and good customer service. Pick any two.

Trick is with them (and any online retailer to an extent) is to spend ages doing your research and making sure it’s exactly what you want before you order to minimise the chance of needing to return something.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

So you asked about returns and they told you their returns policy, you then asked about an alternative delivery service and they suggested an alternative delivery service. What would you have liked?

Premier Icon jairaj
    Subscriber

I’ve always found their service adequate.

Its not superb, they don’t go out of their way to something for you but they will do everything that is required.

I’m not sure I understand why the OP is not happy? Have they refused to refund you the money or something?

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Just about to send some brake pads back which wont fit in the caliper. Originally thought it was too much paint on the backing plate but holding up the Superstar pad against the original Avid pad shows the backing plate is too wide at certain points. I’m sending them back along with the Avid original as evidence. It’ll be interesting to see what the response is.

Keef

I’d heard good things about Superstars

I have never had any problems with them.
    Happy with everything I have ordered except a headset which was returned and refunded without issue

IMO OP needs to give them a chance to resolve the situation first

b45her

no idea what their returns department is like because i’ve never had any reason to return anything, everything i’ve had has been top notch.

patriotpro

Just send em back, you don’t need a reason if within 7 days.

When did you receive them? How did you pay?

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Op take a deep breath, pi k up the phone and ring them. Start off matter of fact. Not angry, just ” I ordered red, these are pink” and be prepared to enter into adult dialogue. I had an issue with a wheel and did just that. He sorted it out really well, and I personally will always endorse his efforts.

Are you telling us they actually sent you pink wheels, or is it that the red isn’t the right red for you?

crankrider

Is it a case of too much too soon for Superstar?

They are showing off cnc machines and building huge amounts of wheels when in reality they need to slow down and concentrate on improved service before further increasing turnover.

I have been happy with their pads, cant comment on customer service but we have to remember the bike industry is very small, can we expect the kind of service we get from large companies?

project

deffo don’t want to be stung on a pink bottom bracket

Have we missed something…….

dibboid

deffo don’t want to be stung on a pink bottom bracket

Have we missed something…….

not really. That’s deffo a pink bb! 😀

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Just about to send some brake pads back which wont fit in the caliper. Originally thought it was too much paint on the backing plate but holding up the Superstar pad against the original Avid pad shows the backing plate is too wide at certain points. I’m sending them back along with the Avid original as evidence. It’ll be interesting to see what the response is.

Thumbs up from me. Pads sent back yesterday, refund issued today with no questions asked. Top service.

well they are telling me that the reason i’m returning is a matter of personal choice where as the reason I’m returning them is they are NOT red. Not as described. If I buy something and it corresponds to description but I don’t like it, I should pay the postage. If it turns up and is the wrong colour, then it’s not my fault and I shouldn’t pay postage.
    So not terribly impressed. Other retailers manage to communicate and deal with issues without you having to justify to the nth degree.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations/
    Here is somewhere to read.
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/i-want-to-return-something-bought-online-/

Returning faulty goods bought online
    The Distance Selling Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights. So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they’re supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same rights under the Sale of Goods Act as you have when buying face to face.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act/
    The detail about the colour will be the interesting part, how different is it to the description/photo online?

In reality you want postage paid due to not being as described, they appear to be taking the change of mind aspect, which entitles them to let you deal with the postage costs.

benz

OP, what rims? xc430?

I have a pair and as anodised rather than powder they are certainly not a deep postbox red…if such things still are red.

A lighter shade of red indeed.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Red wheels?

Take a few moments in a quiet corner and have a word with youself. He is doing you a favour by sending pink ones. 😉

ChunkyMTB

Pics of pink bits please.

No octopus either.

picture of wheels.

These have now been returned.
    Zero communication from SS.

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

Bright pink wheels… You could pick up some nice hibiscus stickers to stick on your frame too

Now replaced with some Hope Evo Pro 2 on mavic 521 rims. black on black. my exuberance has been curtailed by poor customer service. I am no longer who I was. I have been reduced. Just have to make up for it by riding better.. 🙂

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Well you probably ended up with the right wheels 🙂
    Did they ever refund the postage etc?

user-removed

Ok, yes, they are most definitely pink. Or maybe cerise. But red, they ain’t.

Nope. didn’t even acknowledge the question about it. claimed it was a “Customer preference” issue. Was tempted to go the whole trading standards route, but really I’m just very disappointed. Seems a few people have had issues with this area of their operation. Shame. I do have the right wheels now though. I still wish they were red though. 🙂

Current build with understated but rather nicely rolling non pink wheels

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

facebook links don’t work unless the pic is public. Try Flickr/Dropbox etc for photo hosting.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Superstars… Customer service’ is closed to new replies.