Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • No Pitch for 2012??
  • renton
    Free Member

Am i being a bit thick or have specialized dropped the pitch range for 2012?? cant see it on the specialized site

if so does anyone know why and will it keep prices of the current pitch high in the secondhand market??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm. Dunno, but it could become a bit if a minor classic like the old Enduro did I suppose.

snotrag

No pitch for 2012.

Didnt really fit in current range, with Stumpy, Stumpy Evo, and coil shock Enduros covering both ends of what the Pitch used to do.

nosedive
    Free Member

I heard they dropped it, so I guess it’s just the enduro in the AM category from Specialized now. Perhaps the pitch was just too good value for money …

You should have bought mine when it was advertised on here for £500!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Those of us that paid £999 or less a few years ago knew they were a steal at the time. I was lucky and mines not for sale, even though it’s only done about 3-4 rides this year. 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Ive just picked up a 2011 comp thats been fully upgraded to 2x 10 speed xt/xtr, american classic wheel and lots of hope stuff.

very happy with it.

just quite suprised that spcialized have dropped it when all they seem to have is the enduro now.

although like you say there would of been a bit of overlap with the stumpy evo.

elgee
    Free Member

When I was down specialized for the launch I was gobsmacked too, I looked hard for it and had to ask, the boys down there said it was a decision from America to drop it as they didn’t sell many in the states. Regardless if it was one of their best selling MTBs in the UK. In the second hand market they are still fetching STRONG penny.

SOAP
    Free Member

I think its to do with the rear shock not being inline and not looking like the rest of the fleet.
    I guess they think it looks dated.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Nope Specialized dropped it and although they are great bikes do you think I can find any bugger to but my 2011 example can I **** 😕 😀

renton
    Free Member

How much you trying to sell for Steve??

i picked up this large model with lot of upgrades for not a lot of cash…

stevepitch
    Free Member

Renton you got a good deal I saw your bike, I wanted £1150 or there abouts it has got an RP23 and upgraded Sektors but in all fairness Im not fussed if it doesnt go

bigthunder
    Free Member

Vive la Pitch! Long live the Pitch! Truly a great bike that will go down as a proper classic. Versatile,light strong and great handling. I bought mine (08 comp) for 380quid and its just the best. Kitted out great now and its just a trail centre assault weapon. Great bikes and hopefully spesh will come up with another blinder for about the same price.

james
    Free Member

“Stumpy Evo, and coil shock Enduros covering both ends of what the Pitch used to do”
    “so I guess it’s just the enduro in the AM category”

Thats the thing though, now that they’ve dropped the pitch and the ‘normal’ Enduro from the UK there seems to be a slight gap for an ‘all mountain’ bike

The Stumpjumper Evo is 150/150 though 32mm stantion forks, 20mm axle on comp, but only 15mm on expert carbon evo
    The Enduro Evo (170/160mm coil/coil, 750mm bars) is a bit too downhill orientated?

Niether have adjustable travel forks for climbing, only the 170mm coil forked enduro evos have 35/36mm* stantioned forks

*am guessing the Xfusions are similar to Fox 36/RS Lyrik?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘No Pitch for 2012??’ is closed to new replies.