Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Nick Clegg executive pay….
  • crikey
    Free Member

How stupid do you think we are you stupid arrogant fool?

Jesus wept, is anyone in the entire country stupid enough to fall for this pathetic publicity stunt?

Stoner
    Free Member

its a good one isnt it.
    🙂

crikey
    Free Member

…over use of stupid there, and wrong forum, but come on…

kimbers

how can you say that? our deputy PM is a man of his word!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would not give him good odds of persuading dave or the rest of his party that corporate greed for those top is disatesful but at least he may be trying – Oh hold on its cleggs it FFS what was i thinking off considering what his pledge is worth this is not going to happen is it 😥

I posted that at the same time as Kimbers did his pick so I hereby claim JINKS

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Notice that it’s him that comes out with all this nonsense and not DC Thatcher Jr III.

crikey
    Free Member

Yup, he’s really getting a great deal out of that relationship, not DC going home with a sore bum…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Conservative treatment dude. Soon it’ll be all the NHS can provide…. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

I heard this policy and wondered how long till we end up like ye olde russias ideals

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Give the guy a break ffs. The polls for over a year have been putting the LibDems on half of the support which they had at the general election – he has to do something.

I say go for it Nick …… I’m sure everyone will forget your broken promises/policies/pledges and the fact that you’re a Tory in disguise.

I reckon well delivered outrage, without actually doing anything tangible, is an excellent game plan. Specially as LibDem supporters have been proved to be potentially very gullible.

JohnnyPanic

I live in his constituancy.
    Labour are really weak here so it’s either voting for him, or the conservatives. What a bloody choice. 🙁

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Nick is a dick.

Are you really surprised?

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

Give the guy a break ffs. The polls for over a year have been putting the LibDems on half of the support which they had at the general election – he has to do something.

TBH it’ll take ritual disembowelment to make people forgive. I think he’ll be remembered as the worst lib dem leader, and I wouldn’t rule out the possibility he’s one of the last 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

I think he’ll be remembered as the worst lib dem leader

It’s fairly safe to say that out of Lib Dem leaders who’ve held government office, Nick is by far the worst…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He has killed the party – no chance of any significant representation for a generation again

Coyote
    Free Member

Lied incessantly to gain power. Hopefully in the next election he, and that hideous ginger Gollum creature, will be consigned to obscurity. Doubt it though.

yossarian
    Free Member

What a disappointment Clegg has turned out to be eh? I remember watching him on the first if the televised debates and thinking that he might just be the man to split the Tory/Labour stranglehold. Fast forward to now and look what’s happened, as TJ says, the lib dems are finished as a political force for the forseeable future and the Tory/Labour stranglehold is bigger and stronger than ever.

LHS
    Free Member

He’s an idiot. End of.

derekrides
    Free Member

What do you expect from a Godless philanderer?

Swears an oath to God to be an MP then denies the existence of God, a little clue there don’t you think?

Worse thing that happened to the lib deems, forced me to vote tory and I haven’t stopped washing since.

Disgusting man.

FuzzyWuzzy

Godless? my opinion of him just improved…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hopefully in the next election he, and that hideous ginger Gollum creature, will be consigned to obscurity. Doubt it though.

I assume “that hideous ginger Gollum creature” is Danny Alexander ?

Personally I think it’s highly probable that he will be consigned to obscurity. The muppet is so clearly a Tory – the rush with which he embraced David Cameron’s agenda, and the enthusiasm he’s shown in implementing it, is quite frankly embarrassing.

Of course he’s not silly enough to think that anyone standing as a Tory in Scotland stands much of a chance, so very wisely he didn’t do that, and stood as a LibDem instead.

But I’m not entirely convinced that the people of Inverness will be fooled a second time. The evidence that he’s clearly nothing more than a Tory by another name is now overwhelming.

He has got a large majority, but Tories aren’t very popular in Inverness – the candidate of the official Tory Party only managed 13% of the vote at the last general election. A Labour or the SNP win is doable.

I reckon Danny Alexander’s days are number – by however many days there are left until the next general election. Which particularly amuses me as in recent days he’s been very vocal about the LibDem manifesto for the next general election, I think to myself, “you won’t be implementing it mate”.

Not that anyone will ever again think that a LibDem manifesto is worth the paper it’s written on of course.

Still, he’ll have the recompense of knowing that his 10 years in parliament will give him a pension. Boosted by the fact that for half that time, whilst he was shafting teachers, nurses, etc, for their pensions, he was a senior minister. Nice work if you can get it.

On the minus side, there’s a risk that he might need to get a proper job – he’s never had one of those.

onehundredthidiot

Tory’s not stupid are they. Get the idiots to be the whipping boys and deliver all the bad news, make flaccid promises etc. Then step away from the mess and trundle through the pernicious obnoxious changes while everyone is astounded by the lib-dems stupidity.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie – do you reakon europe could split the coalition? I do so hope so. I will be very hard for Cameron to take a position on any euro bailout deal that will appease both the tory Eurosceptics and the Lib Dem pro EU side. Or will the lidb dems swallow anything to stay in power?

Flaperon

Swears an oath to God to be an MP then denies the existence of God

I would say you have quite enough problems of your own to be getting on with if this is your biggest concern. How about the fact that it’s quite nice to have someone in government who doesn’t believe the Tooth Fairy catapulted the world into existence and won’t give pointless time and attention to the unelected spongers in the church.

crikey
    Free Member

My hope, my over-riding hope, is that this generation of professional politicians, the Camerons, the Cleggs, the Millibands will mess up so badly that they will never be trusted again, and we can move to a system where politics is something you do because you want to make things better, rather than because it’s a way to make cash.

mrmo
    Free Member

My hope, my over-riding hope, is that this generation of professional politicians, the Camerons, the Cleggs, the Millibands will mess up so badly that they will never be trusted again, and we can move to a system where politics is something you do because you want to make things better, rather than because it’s a way to make cash.

not a hope in hell, it is an easy route into a directorship, lots of money and it is always their fault

and if your cameron, how about an earldom?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

……and won’t give pointless time and attention to the unelected spongers in the church.

Nick Clegg’s wife is a Catholic. His children are being brought up as Catholics. I doubt whether he is particularly hostile to “unelected spongers in the church”.

Ernie – do you reakon europe could split the coalition?

No idea. I’m surprised the Great Tory-LibDem Love-in has gone this far. I did expect greater resistance from within the party. Some liberal members have spent the last 20 or 30 years fighting the conservatives ffs. How they have allowed some geezer, who was only an MP for a couple of years before becoming their leader, to drive them into bed with the Tories, and screw up their chances for the future, is beyond me.

Coyote
    Free Member

That’s exactly him ernie and I hope you are right. Not a pleasant site seeing him, in the early days of the coalition govt, heartily congratulating Geogre after his speech where he laid out how he was going to **** over any who wasn’t a Tory.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we can move to a system where politics is something you do because you want to make things better, rather than because it’s a way to make cash.

Will the electorate ever ignore what the newspapers owners are telling them, and support politicians who have entered politics to make a difference ?

The electorate loved Tony Blair – because they were told to. Never has there ever been a more self-serving British Prime Minister.

crikey
    Free Member

One can dream ernie, one can only dream.

An interesting side effect of the stupidity currently taking the place of actual politics is the re-politicisation of a generation of people. Given the poor turn outs, the lack of interest in politics, the way that young people no longer saw that politics was important, the current shower of inadequates have at least forced politics back onto everyones agenda.

Stoner
    Free Member

You’ll like this one Ernie:

Coincidence, kismet or subtle ironic political statement?
    Parked directly outside the front Mr & Mrs Blair’s pricey Pied à Terre in a select west London square as I cycled past this morning, was a Ferrari 458 with the number plate “1RA0”

A gift of thanks perhaps?

flip
    Free Member

Senior Conservatives are said to be sceptical about the plans and say no government work is under way on implementing them.

From the Telegraph.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Senior Conservatives are said to be sceptical about the plans and say no government work is under way on implementing them.

Shhhhh !……..don’t steal the thunder from Clegg’s well rehearsed outrage.

Sorry Stoner, I always need to have ‘personal’ number plates and red-top pun headlines explained to me. I don’t know what “1RA0” means 😐

Stoner
    Free Member

“1RA0”, from 30yrds looks like IRAQ

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ah, right. Things like that always go right over my head 😀

…….I tend to take things literally, and lack poetic license.

mrmo
    Free Member

“1RA0”, from 30yrds looks like IRAQ

anyone know if 1 RA exists? just thought it might be nice to park up near thatchers funeral?

derekrides
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member
    Swears an oath to God to be an MP then denies the existence of God

I would say you have quite enough problems of your own to be getting on with if this is your biggest concern. How about the fact that it’s quite nice to have someone in government who doesn’t believe the Tooth Fairy catapulted the world into existence and won’t give pointless time and attention to the unelected spongers in the church.

Clearly you missed the thread in which I proved the existence of a supreme being/force that for the sake of convenience we should continue to call God, if only to call lying scumbag politicians to account in the final reckoning.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Crikey, another Unread Ernie Essay, religion/atheism and Thatcher all in one page? STW in a nutshell these days.

mefty
    Free Member

Ernie – I think you are very harsh on Clegg, he was dealt a truly impossible hand by the electorate. There was no credible alternative to a Conservative led government, the numbers just did not work, if he had allowed them to govern on a finance and supply basis, and flinched from the responsibility of government – where would that have left the Lib Dems? He has been left in the least worst position but the electorate would have hit them one way or another. Having said that, offering a full colalition was a strategy master-stroke by the tories.

crikey
    Free Member

…and the usual mildly critical and essentially useless comment about the thread rather than about the subject matter of the thread from his lordship.
    All would appear to be as usual in STW land.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Nick Clegg executive pay….’ is closed to new replies.