Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nice surprise in my post box today (rant within)
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

I’ve moved over to Canada. Earlier on I checked my post after work and was greeted with a card from the post office with a $111 dollar charge for customs. I’m guessing it’s a order I placed on Wiggle.co.uk for a jersey,. shorts, socks and arm warmers. It came to $327, but really, $111 dollars for customs???

What a joke. I would shop at my local bike shop for this kind of thing if they had more choice and sizes.

I just think it’s ridiculous. Hopefully I can ask the post office to send it back to Wiggle and for them to try and resend it as a gift, without Wiggle stamped all over the box.

Not very happy to say the least.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Troll surely? No-one could be that daft as to forget customs charges when ordering from abroad then have the audacity to assume they can get an honourable business to commit tax fraud for them?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

There doesn’t seem to be much regularity on the customs, sometimes they can be more, sometimes less. It just depends if you get lucky with it, or not. That’s what I was told at the post office anyway.

For example I received a jersey from CRC today also, with no customs charges on it. It was in a big box too like typical CRC style.

A 150 dollar order I had with CRC a few weeks ago only had 20 dollars custom charge. I knew I would probably have to pay something, but this is taking the p!ss a bit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got stung in the UK from DHL who charged a massive admin fee which was more than the customs amount, the courier makes more difference than the destination some days.

deserter
    Free Member

I’ve had loads of orders, I only get orders if it comes by postal service or FedEx as ups spanks you, I challenged the duty charge of $120 on a $800 order and got $95 of it back, I also order lots of orders around the $100 mark as it seems to go under the radar

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I challenged the duty charge of $120

How would I go about that?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nice surprise in my post box today (rant within)’ is closed to new replies.