Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New TV / Home cinema setup
  • bikemonkey
    Free Member

I’ve just splashed the cash at Richer Sounds on a new TV and AV Amp. For the most part it’s great but I feel it could look better if I knew how to set it up properly.

The TV (Samsung UE40D6100) suffers from motion blur watching the TV signal from the PVR through the Amp (Pioneer VSX-520-K). It’s not awful but could look better. Is this likely to be a hardwear issue as the signal is going through 3 different parts down 2 HDMI cables, or will it be the setup? What settings should I play with to reduce it?

Secondly, although the TV is 200Hz, the dialog box that pops up when I turn the amp on tells me that the TV is only receiving 60Hz. Is 200Hz the maximum the TV can handle or should it be able to run at 200Hz all the time?

montylikesbeer

what pvr have you got.

I have sky+ and put the video down a HDMI to the amp and also use an optical for the sound only, again into the amp.

You have have to configure the amp to receive two signals for a combined output to the TV as i did.

Sidney
    Free Member

AVforums may be able to help. They have people who tune their TV settings away from the factory settings.

sharkbait
    Free Member

As Sidney states, AVforums is good and there may well be a thread dedicated to your TV (there was for mine when I got a new one).
    Is there motion blur when you watch Freeview as well? If so it may well be a limitation of the TV

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New TV / Home cinema setup’ is closed to new replies.