Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • New toy
  • geoffj

I know how they drive – had a go in one and I’m used to my current tail happy Ford Ranger.

Glad it’s not just mine then scared the shit out of me first time I floored it on a recently damp slip road! Mrs J wasn’t impressed 😆

And if you lot think that canopy looks bad you need to look at some of the abominations Mitsubishi are including on some of their trucks.

grum
    Free Member

Yay we’re becoming more and more like Americans every day. But with smaller roads and more traffic.

takisawa2

Looks like a UN peace keeping vehicle.

At £1.40+ per litre to run it, it wouldn’t be my first choice. Either either way enjoy it.

Doesn’t every petrol/diesel fueled vehicle cost £1.40+ per litre to run takisawa2?

mboy
    Free Member

Doesn’t every petrol/diesel fueled vehicle cost £1.40+ per litre to run takisawa2?

I think his point is on the economy of them, and anyone/everyone who has driven a Navara knows, they are THIRSTY beasts for what they are! They might quote figures in the mid 30’s, but that’ll be for a RWD version with skinny tyres and not a single extra on it. The fully loaded 08 plate one where I used to work, never got much above 30mpg even on a cruise, and averaged less than 25mpg apparently!

I know that times were that figures like these didn’t seem that bad at all, perhaps 15/20 years ago when fuel was a lot less than 1/2 what it costs now. But not any more…

bigrich

we got one of these for work; It’s fun, but I’m glad it’s not my money filling the tank; and that’s Aussie fuel prices (~70p a litre)

thegreatape
    Free Member

That (the OP’s one) is identical to my last police car, minus the stickers and lights.

Don’t try and go round corners at high speed in it 🙂

dogbert
    Free Member

haters gonna hate……I like it. probably not the most practical, frugal or environmentally friendly, but if you like it then who cares.

I love pick-ups:

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘New toy’ is closed to new replies.