Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 587 total)
  • New Top Gear series…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If this picture were to find a way on to the rest of the forum, outside of this thread, it could possibly cause the end…..OF THE WORLD!

The number plate…..

Think about it….

bigdaddy

Have to say I noticed that number plate and chuckled – if clarkson had been driving…….

Pook

Quite enjoyed tonight’s

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I thought tonights was pretty poor

alpin
    Free Member

Where was the Rolls piece shot? Lovely scenery.

kilo

Co Kerry, Dingle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Around Dingle, in Ireland, I believe.

Curate’s egg for me tonight. Good. In parts.

That Jaguar was lovely, but the “just on time” arrival of a gleamingly spotless car was the sort of thing that would make Dai Darcy sigh with agony at the faux-race element. LeBlanc looked genuinely happy with the Rolls in the early piece, as if he was lucky to be in it.

wrecker
    Free Member

Managed 5 minutes. Cringed at CE, he doesn’t look comfortable. I quite like Leblanc and the drivery bloke with the M2 but it didn’t make up for it. Starting to think it could work if Evans was replaced with someone more charismatic.

Merak

Like Matt LeBlanc? I really hope they ditch Evans. Has he not got any other clothes? And his hair, his beards white!
    He’s a gonk.

muddy@rseguy

Quite liked seeing my car for a few seconds in the first 2mins… 8)

Haven’t watched the rest though, might tomorrow.

Drac

I’ve warmed to Le Blanvc, Evans I’m going off, Harris is boring dear God how can you make hooning about in an M class so dull and Reynolds is showing potential.

But yes the phew made it in my polished car made me smile. I want a point with Dewis.

Daffy

I think it could work with just Matt, Rory and Chris H. Evans needs to go, Sabine was just mental in the last one and don’t get me started on Eddie Jordan

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Harrismonkey needs to calm down a bit, he’s passed the interview and got the job. Sooner he gets back to the Youtube stuff, the better.
    LeBlanc is settling in nicely.
    Rory Reid has found his place in this world.
    Doesn’t leave much room for the incredibly annoying Chris Evans.
    The stars flogging whatever product they have in a less than cheap car is crap. Get them in, say hello, send them round the circuit, say good bye. End.
    Improving week by week.

pondo

I think they’ve got a strong team, all great – might need to ditch the half baked canned laughter live audience though.

Drac

Harrismonkey needs to calm down a bit, he’s passed the interview and got the job.

Yeah he needs to be more serious the mellow one, that would work.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yep. Just like the curate’s egg for me that. Or an ostrich egg. Or a falafel. I literally have no idea what a ‘curate’s egg’ is, but anyhooo..

Half and half that for me. Evans was irrelevant and bored/boring with the British sports car thing. He seemed to have no interest in the actual car, or any credibility ‘reviewing’ it. Totally unengaging.

Otherwise.. Okay(ish). 6/10

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I think it could work with just Matt, Rory and Chris H. Evans needs to go, Sabine was just mental in the last one and don’t get me started on Eddie Jordan

QFT.

Drac

Ah like a cadbury creme egg.

Kryton57

Harrismonkey needs to calm down a bit, he’s passed the interview and got the job. Sooner he gets back to the Youtube stuff, the better.
    LeBlanc is settling in nicely.
    Rory Reid has found his place in this world.
    Doesn’t leave much room for the incredibly annoying Chris Evans.
    The stars flogging whatever product they have in a less than cheap car is crap. Get them in, say hello, send them round the circuit, say good bye. End.

This, especially Rory Reid.

Improving week by week.

Not quite this. Evans contributed not much at all, in fact detracted the shout with his over-effort shouty manner yet again trying to be Clarkson when slagging off the Roller, then shows off one of own cars, very arrogant.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m still enjoying it, I try not to be negative – but I’m joining the ranks of people of think Chris Evans is the weak link – I will however say that without him it wouldn’t have come back – when they released the lineup oringally, I reckon 90% of people said “Chris Evans, Joey and whooooo?”

Couple of weeks in though and Matt The White is settling in and I don’t know if I’m warming to him, or he’s getting better but I like him – at first I think I thought he’d be like Joey, but in real life he’s pretty deadpan but funny when you tune into it, Rory is great at the bits he does and I’ve always been 50/50 with Chris Harris, tarnished with the PistonHeads brush for me, but he’s pretty good – loved that M2 – I think they’ve establsihed themselves enough if Evans goes.

toppers3933
    Free Member

WHY DOES EVANS INSIST ON SHOUTING ALL THE TIME?

rocketman
    Free Member

Just watch a few episodes of Wheeler Dealers

An hour of Mke Brewer is like a vaccination against Chris Evans

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

This is the problem. Evans is such an integral part of the show, in that he’s not just a presenter, only he and he alone will remove himself from the show, and his ego is too big to do that.

So I just won’t watch. No biggie.

windyg
    Free Member

I fell asleep through the stars in a rally car yawn fest, the Jaguar piece was just pointless, actually so was most of it, worst one for me so far.

epicyclo

I simply can’t watch anything with Evans in it.

He makes the hairs rise on the back of my neck, god knows why.

The last BBC star I felt about like that was Jimmy Savile and I used to reprimand myself for my prejudice because he was obviously such a good guy, heavily involved in children’s charities etc.

So I wonder what it is about Evans that generates that instinctive revulsion. Is he merely a shouty arrogant creep, or is there something else?

(Don’t take this as me thinking he’s up to Jimmy Savile stuff – I’m just curious as to why he generates that feeling in me)

jambalaya
    Free Member

WHY DOES EVANS INSIST ON SHOUTING ALL THE TIME?

That’s his idea of tv enthusiasm, one of the main reasons I can no longer bear him (he was good on breakfast tv and don’t forget your toothbrush)

You do feel a bit sorry for the BBC which is witnessing one of its main earners dying which will only be bad for other program making. They didn’t want to fire Clarkson as they had a pretty decent idea this would happen, Clarkson gave them little choice however

rocketman
    Free Member

So I wonder what it is about Evans that generates that instinctive revulsion. Is he merely a shouty arrogant creep, or is there something else?

He’s ginger 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say it’s revulsion, I just find his voice, mannerisms, appearance and presenting style annoying enough that I am willing to miss the show for him. I never used to mind him on Big Breakfast, the problem is we are all a lot older now, and yet he is still acting/dressing in the same way when he was young, and I was considerably younger.

The fact he is known to be a bit of a shit doesn’t help.

Giving his ruling at the High Court, Evans was publicly criticised for his attitude by the judge, who said of Evans: “He has the temperament of a prima donna.”[27] Virgin Radio/SMG later countersued, with Evans ordered to pay £1m towards their legal costs.[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Evans_(presenter)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

rocketman – you are knob.

I watched a whole episode for the first time last night – Didn’t think Evans was too bad actually… but the problem is he is a presenter first whereas the rest are journalists or bloggers or whatever, they are used to providing commentary and have honed that skill. LeBlanc is OK and he works as a counter to the other more serious stuff but the whole show and format has had it’s day really.

slimjim78
    Free Member

He’s ginger

rocketman – you are knob

Are you a ginger surroundedbyhills?

LeBlanc is clearly the surprise hit – his humour comes across as natural and he has a real charm. Once he learns to loosen up a bit during presenting he will be ace.

Harris – fits in really well to be honest. He can clearly hoon about on a track, and has good enthusiasm – but got really carried away on lasts nights episode as is coming across as a bit of an Evans MKII occasionally.

The Rory chap – he’s good as getting you to appreciate the car he’s raving about, but his mannerisms, particularly the mock ‘huh huh huh’ laugh is beginning to boil my piss..

..which leads nicely me to Evans. Wanted to like him, am finding his presenting style massively out of date, and his high pitched whiny shouty voice is just not comfortable. I think he should be given one sketch a week where he big’s up whatever vehicle he actually has an afinity for – because I enjoy his petrol head enthusiasm. But as the lead presenter.. no thanks.

They also need to try and avoid these utterly pointless references and ‘drama packed’ deadlines etc.. Such a load of tosh. The voice over of the old Jag hero last night ‘you just dig deep and get on with it’.
    Must’ve been a reall ball breaker, thrashing the best production cars in the world all over the place for a living.
    The story lines are really quite crap. But then they always have been really.

epicyclo

rocketman – Member
    ‘So I wonder what it is about Evans that generates that instinctive revulsion. Is he merely a shouty arrogant creep, or is there something else?’
    He’s ginger

So are most of my family. 🙂

They don’t give me the creeps (although I was all for post-natal family planning in their teenage years).

chrismac

I fell asleep through the stars in a rally car yawn fest, the Jaguar piece was just pointless,

I agree with the first part, I wish it was dropped, so utterly pointless.
    I disagree with you on the Jag piece, I enjoyed it, it had a story. If driving a car across europe is pointless then most of Top Gear for the last 10 years has been pointless.

hammyuk
    Free Member

BBC Radio this morning had a discussion about numbers dropping and LeBlanc threatening to leave if Evans doesn’t go.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

BBC Radio this morning had a discussion about numbers dropping and LeBlanc threatening to leave if Evans doesn’t go.

While I understand either Evans going or having a significantly reduced role.
    I’m not wholly convinced that the numbers are as bad as they seem, according to an article last week, they refer to watching the show as it is aired and don’t take into account on demand viewing or the Monday night show.
    Given a choice of watching the live Euro Champs or Top Gear, I’ll watch TG on catch up every time. Unfortunate that the new series has had to compete with the footy.

woffle
    Free Member

I fell asleep through the stars in a rally car yawn fest, the Jaguar piece was just pointless, actually so was most of it, worst one for me so far.

Not quite asleep but gave up at the end of the Jaguar piece. Third time I’ve tried to get through an entire episode. Won’t bother again.

anagallis_arvensis

I quite like it. But then I hated Clarkson and Hammond so never watched them

martinhutch

I noticed that they had plenty of time in the few moments after he arrived to clean the car and remove the camera equipment bolted to the back seat.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Was anyone else thinking that Rory hammed up the gruling drive to Geneva? I mean I’ve drove to Morzine (damn near the same drive bar the last 5%) in a 1.4 Astra.

pondo

I noticed that they had plenty of time in the few moments after he arrived to clean the car and remove the camera equipment bolted to the back seat.

It was clean in every shot.

Was anyone else thinking that Rory hammed up the gruling drive to Geneva? I mean I’ve drove to Morzine (damn near the same drive bar the last 5%) in a 1.4 Astra.

Ah, but I bet you didn’t have to stop every three miles for the cameras to get passing shots of you. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 587 total)

The topic ‘New Top Gear series…’ is closed to new replies.