Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 587 total)
  • New Top Gear series…
  • Drac

Yeah but Katie Hopkins declared she hates it too.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

In a sign of extreme boredom I noticed that was the top tweet using the #topgear hashtag.

Professional vomit come to life, Katie Hopkins was the #2 tweet.

Edit: Jinx…or something.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Le Blanc’s dry humour works. Evans I generally like but he appeared incredibly irritating and trying way too hard. I lasted about 30 minutes until I remembered a friend is on Wild Things tonight.

phil40

Ok, definitely in the minority, but I really disliked TG with clarkson et al, but I am enjoying this! To my suprise Leblanc is making it for me 😀

Drac

Yeah Le Blanc works in the features.

Smudger666
    Free Member

Tickl3d my funny bone – but then I was watching it on my aldi special 4K tv bought today – camer work was the usual excellent top gear standard, banter was acceptable….8/10 from me.

All of the Womble, none of the cock!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So we’re agreed. Joey should do the films, and Matt Baker should do the studio stuff?

colster808
    Free Member

What they said ^^^^^

I liked it.

monkeyboyjc

Old format ruined by new presenters – I’ll probably still watch every episode though.

In retrospect the 1st thing Chris Evans should have done when asked to produce the new top gear is not put himself in front of the camera.

Might have to force myself to listen to Chris Evans breakfast show tomorrow to see if he pats himself on the back whilst everyone pretends everything’s ok – could be awkward……

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey, as I switched from Ebu Gogo to Battle of Jutland I saw the last 3-5 mins of the new TG.

Ya, I can now confirm the show is no longer watchable.

Time to move on.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll probably watch the Dave repeats even more and avoid Amazon and this like the plague.

Circa 2005-2014 TG has quality moments. It lost it recently.

crazy-legs

Just started watching on catch up.
    Same old really but Chris Evans is annoying – he’s trying too hard to be JC but without the proper tone.

Russell96

They are not comfy with each other yet, it takes a while to settle in and for the lads banter to begin.

Drac

That’s what I’m hoping for Russell.

mefty
    Free Member

I thought the Twitter reaction was a great watch.

crazy-legs

I think the audience must have been paid off to show such enthusiasm. Also, what was the point of that Robin Reliant section? Dulldulldull.

butcher

In contrast to what seems to be the general consensus above, I thought Chris Evans fitted in really well, and I found LeBlanc a bit dull.

Evans did follow Clarkson’s style a bit too closely at times, but I thought he did pretty well, and it’s early days.

milky1980
    Free Member

Kind of warmed to LeBlanc during the 4×4 stuff, just got on with it and had some genuinely funny one-liners too.

The rest of it was crap. SIARPC was dull, doesn’t Evans realise it worked due to it being an excuse to talk to celebs using the car (Liana was the best one as it was so crap) as an icebreaker? The audience participation could be good once they get the idea but my heart sank when they plugged the BBC3 Top Gear Extra (or whatever…) at the end. Just put the decent stuff in the main show!!

So glad I already have an Amazon sub, it was the chemistry between the 3 Amigos that made Top Gear for me. At least Clarkson & Co will have to be different to avoid any lawsuits.

woffle
    Free Member

Matt Le Blanc was the best thing on it but that’s not saying much. Struggled through twenty minutes of Chris Evans SHOUTING everything and the framework of the old show without any of the content.

They were always going to be on a sticky wicket but keeping random pieces of the old show and executing them badly was only going to make things worse…

seosamh77
    Free Member

le blanc is decent enough actually.

you’d like to think they largely stuck with the forumla and with evans doing a bad mimic of clarkson, as a bit of a laugh/to give to some crossover continuity. So with that you’d hope it would improve into it’s own style after a few episodes. Evans was just irritating tbh.

jekkyl

Flopgear

dufusdip
    Free Member

Needs better photography, music, and slow mo and they’d be there, but ended up being lame and trying too hard for the challenge features, which is just a re-hash of old TG.

As for’stars’, Ramsay had no personality and rally cross needs 600+ bhp not just a mini with fogs.

not looking promising but will give it one more go.

mboy
    Free Member

Pitiful

Never been Chris Evans’ biggest fan, but arguably he’s been successful for a reason. Original TFI Friday was good (the recent re-hash reeked of being made only for financial gains), and he’s not bad on the radio to be fair. Don’t think I’ve ever seen or heard him so out of place as hosting this.

But then the “it’s nothing like old Top Gear” new Top Gear, is exactly like old Top Gear with the thing that made it funny removed… The ridiculously magical chemistry between Clarkson, May and Hammond.

Only thing that will see it last more than one series is if Evans steps down. Otherwise, Top Gear should have died when the terrible trio left the BBC.

Drac

Flopgear

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc[/video]

crazy-legs

The Nomad / camera chase thing isn’t bad actually. Nice photography anyway.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Flopgear

Plop Gear

plus-one

I’m out !!

genesiscore502011

It is scripted. Matt Le Blanc is an actor. The Nomad feature proved he can deliver a line. This was the best feature.

chubstr
    Free Member

The studio stuff was all a bit “TGI-don’t forget your-Top Gear” with Evans shouting and enthusiam

The nomad but was the stand out but that is really saying something. And that was me keeping an open mind

crazy-legs

It is scripted. Matt Le Blanc is an actor. The Nomad feature proved he can deliver a line. This was the best feature.

The entire show over the years has been scripted and staged to the hilt!
    It was just better scripted with the other 3.

Maybe they’ll find their feet.

butcher

It is scripted. Matt Le Blanc is an actor

See, I thought that’s where it went wrong. Matt LeBlanc constantly came across as if he was reading a script and ‘acting’, to me. Whereas Chris Evans was much more relaxed and casual, much more like the old bunch.

I’m genuinely a bit confused why everyone else appears to see this differently.

Drac

Matt Le Blanc is an actor

Well in the loosest of terms but I get your point.

johndoh
    Free Member

What a crock

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not brilliant, but not totally terrible.

I want a Nomad.

project
    Free Member

Chris Evans used to work at KWIK SAVE in Warrington, Latchford Branch, sadly the chain went bust, so he cant apply for his old job back, but he certainly needs to look for a new job.

Who where the 2 in the mini car, no idea,

No banter, crap purile jokes,and at least my remote control has the ability to swap channels to save having to watch this stuff.

also isnt it illegal to drive a 3 wheeler on a motorway, and to sit in a vehicle on the back of a moving vehicle, eg tow truck.

johndoh
    Free Member

Series link cancelled.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

at least my remote control has the ability to swap channels to save having to watch this stuff.

And yet, judging by your comment above, you watched much of it.

Drac

also isnt it illegal to drive a 3 wheeler on a motorway,

Well depending on the engine size.

Who where the 2 in the mini car, no idea,

You’ve never heard of Gordon Ramsay? Bollocks!

Harry_the_Spider

It was ok.

Whoever told Evans that those boots were a good idea though wants a talking to.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 587 total)

The topic ‘New Top Gear series…’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

Latest Singletrack podcast episode is now live - Talking about warranties - Listen now