• This topic has 151 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cokie.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)
  • New Santa Cruz Bronson/5010/Blur (Nomad stylee)
  • fathomer

roverpig – Member
    If they bring out a Tallboy LT with short chainstays and bright colours I’m going to be in trouble

There’s a good chance that that blue Solo is going to get me in all sorts of bother!

What do they say, begging for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission 😀

sillyoldman – Member
    They’re all the previously announced colour updates – structural updates are still under embargo I think.

There wasn’t any colour updates for the Solo I don’t think?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That 5010 looks great in either colour. I was going to get the current model as the price appears to be dropping but the new one… 8)

wrecker
    Free Member

They’re all the previously announced colour updates – structural updates are still under embargo I think.

Well if they have just released new colours, an updated bike will be a fair way off.

sillyoldman

New 5010 frame pics posted earlier, and plenty chat about revised Bronson and TBLTs too. Expect to see them at Interbike. All 3 models were conspicuous by their absence at Eurobike.

wallop

So no changes to the 5010 then?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/cl/node/1160

5010 is built to serve the most technical backcountry missions.
    😯
    130mm of VPP® (Virtual Pivot Point) travel produces a shorter chainstay length and lower BB height compared to the 5010’s bigger-travel brethren. This creates a uniquely playful character and an insatiable appetite for negotiating steep, rocky climbs.

And when it’s time to head home, playtime becomes a riot. The new 5010 has a 67-degree head tube angle, more aggressive than before, and the longer top tube welcomes the use of shorter stems for more precise handling and greater confidence on rapid descents. The 5010 also shares all the latest VPP® hardware with the new Bronson. The top-tube-mounted, box-section upper link is a leap forward in durability and stiffness, and the lower link rests cleanly out of the way, dramatically improving clearance and minimizing rock strikes.

Bike choice can be a numbers game, but if your game is conquering epic trails then 5010 is the only number you need know.

This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as our C-level frame, but weighs about 280 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger, and more expensive carbon fiber. Using this material in key places allowed us to use less material overall, which is what shaves off more than half a pound from the frame. 8)

roverpig

Thanks eddie.

The new 5010 has a 67-degree head tube angle, more aggressive than before, and the longer top tube welcomes the use of shorter stems for more precise handling and greater confidence on rapid descents.

Sounds like they’ve brought the geometry a bit more up to date then. The ETT on a large has grown from 610mm to 621mm. with a 67 degree HA and 426mm chainstays it should be a fun little bike.

148 rear axle spacing !!

zelak999
    Free Member

Woah, looks like medium is the new large.
    Longer top tube, shorter chainstays too.
    Can you find the updated Bronson?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bronson. http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/cl/node/1159

When we introduced Bronson, it took the market by storm, redefining what people expected from a 150mm trail bike. Equally at home in the Trans-Provence as it was on The Ridge, updating and improving it was going to be no small feat.

The most visible upgrade is the completely new VPP® link arrangement. The lower link tucks neatly above the bottom bracket, fully-recessed and protected from impacts. Meanwhile the box-section upper link now mounts cleanly to the top-tube and enhances lateral stiffness as a result. Shock rate’s been in refined in the process too, delivering greater small bump sensitivity and a more progressive mid-stroke.

Geometry has also evolved subtly to meet demand from riders for a bike of this ilk. The seat tube angle’s been steepened, placing the rider right above the cranks and perfectly in position to lay down the power. Meanwhile a one-degree slacker 66 degree head tube angle combines with a 20-25mm longer top tube and shorter chainstay length to create an evermore rally-ready geometry than its predecessor.

This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as our C-level frame, but weighs about 280 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger, and more expensive carbon fiber. Using this material in key places allowed us to use less material overall, which is what shaves off more than half a pound from the frame.

zelak999
    Free Member

{}

zelak999
    Free Member

{}

sillyoldman

TBLT anyone?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nothing I can see. Let me look elsewhere.

zelak999
    Free Member

{}

tom.nash

That’s quite a revamp of the 5010!

zelak999
    Free Member

My first dilemma was 5010 or Bronson, now my dilemma is also Medium or Large with the changed geometry!
    The medium is more like my Large Blur LTc…..

honourablegeorge

Damn. They’ve made me want a Solo now.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

zelak999-what is the blue one there that you posted?

I’m interested/curious to see the new TallBoy LT…

tom.nash

Access denied!

Rosss
    Free Member

Same for me, That black bronson could cost me dear if the TT is around 625mm

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Saw it earlier. think the Large Bronson was 619 or 620 ETT with a reasonable 445 reach.

wallop

Thanks Eddie. Can’t see anything online anywhere!

zelak999
    Free Member

zelak999-what is the blue one there that you posted?

Thats the 5010

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

foureyes – Member

While my credit card gently weeps

LOL !

my birthday was three weeks ago can i get 2016’s present to myself now?

barbs
    Free Member

Did anyone catch the Bronson geo?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep. I’ll transcribe it when I’m back home.

zelak999
    Free Member

New Bronson Geometry
    {}

zelak999
    Free Member

New 5010 Geometry
    {}

honourablegeorge

Cool, they’ve fixed their geometry. Now the only issue is not being able to afford them.

wallop

Nothing wrong with the old 5010 geometry IMO.

gkeeffe

Please end this thread!

foureyes
    Free Member

heh!

munkyboy
    Free Member

The old nomad v bronson will be interesting. Bronson 10mm longer with -1 HA and -10 travel scarcely differentiates them unless the suspension is doing something different.

zelak999
    Free Member

The posts with pics have been removed from MTBR forum!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shhhhh!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Bugger. That’s me buying a 5010 then.

They’ve basically made exactly what I want 🙄

RickDraper
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the old 5010 geometry IMO.

It was fine if you had long legs and a short torso.

roverpig

Looking at the geometry chart for the revised 5010 it looks as though the geometry of the large is almost identical to my 2013 (26″) Five. Same head angle, top tube length, chainstay length and BB height.

Lucky for me I don’t like blue 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

ob Nob – Member
    Bugger. That’s me buying a 5010 then.
    They’ve basically made exactly what I want

The swine!

zelak999
    Free Member

Whats the deal with the 148mm rear axle spacing?
    Is this going to limit the hub options for the frame or are 142mm – 148mm adaptors available?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz Bronson/5010/Blur (Nomad stylee)’ is closed to new replies.