Home Forums Bike Forum New Ritchey P frames, anyone got one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Ritchey P frames, anyone got one?
  • rwc03
    Free Member

Getting tempted by one of these:

Was thinking about getting the 650b version for future options as I’d build it up with 26″ wheels to begin with. Only bit of geometry that slightly concerns me is the 20mm difference in BB drop compared to the 26.

Has anyone got one and got any feedback?

Thanks in advance

haggis1978

Ive got a P-29er and its amazing. Dont think i’ll ever sell it. Sorry i know its not the 650-B but if you check out this guys thread he might be able to help you

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=241496

rwc03
    Free Member

Cheers haggis, what’s the frame like, stiff or springy?

29er looks the nicest of the lot in my opinion but not ready to make the shift yet, still haven’t tried big wheels.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I used to have a P22 and I loved the look of the P29 frame, but didn’t like it built up (the wheels were too big)

The P650b looks perfect. Get one and tell us how good it is.

rwc03
    Free Member

May well succumb to peer pressure

haggis1978

Here’s mine 😀 I wouldnt say its stiff. Springy…maybe. It goes where i point it and skips nicely over the trail to get there. i am a complete convert to the 29er thing. Was unsure about the big wheels myself to begin with until i rode it and saw how easy it rolled over stuff. A lot of people go on about how 29ers are faster rolling but for me i love climbing on it as technical ascents are a breeze now. I also think that its one 29er that manages to not look like its got clown wheels and the frame doesnt look like a gate either. Its a 19″ frame by the way.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=238621&hilit=ritchey

rwc03
    Free Member

Tempting me further

JoeG
    Free Member

LBS has built 2 of the 29ers. They look real nice! Photos of the 2nd one here

ScottChegg
    Free Member

And for normal wheels there is now this.

I think I’ve just wet myself

haggis1978

The only thing i dont like about the P-650B and the P-Team is the best seat stays. What advantage are they supposed to provide?

ratherbeintobago

Is it not to provide clearance for the chainstay-mounted disc caliper?

Andy

wheelie

what is the mud clearance like? Look lovely although a bit expensive

JoeG
    Free Member

I don’t like the paint on the 26er; it needs the soft edge fade of the 29er!

P20

The 650 looks the best, but I’m not convinced by the format. The P29er makes the most sense, I didn’t care for the looks though. Then I a few weeks back I saw Haggis’ thread and changed my mind. Would sit nicely with the P20

mangatank
    Free Member

God I so wanted a Ritchie frame back on the early 2000s and these look even better. Ritchie WCS stuff is just brilliant. I was sorely tempted by the new Team version but went for a more ‘versatile’ design (Ti Evo). But still…no I don’t need another bike.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Ritchey P frames, anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.