Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • new phone time which one ??
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Well my battery on the desire is lasting less and less so its new phone time

Use it for browsing emails and music , looking at HTC sensation xl , xe or galaxy s2 I know I should wait til new galaxy in march but needs must and I don’t want an iphone

Any suggestion/feedback from owners

Thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

I like the look of the XL, but also still like my legend (running 2.2, but a nice pocket size), so I when my contract is up Im going to see if I can get a 5-7″ gingerbread tablet on contract and keep the Legend.

kayak23

I have a Desire HD, battery life is appalling but fantastic phone(mostly)
    Mate has just got the Galaxy S2, does everything my HD does and more. The battery seems to be a revalation compared to mine too. Lasts for ever, in fact I’m actually quite annoyed about it when I see him…. 😕

kayak23

Oops, double post.
    Get the S2 I’d say.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Galaxy Nexus?

Rich
    Free Member

You could just buy a new battery, if you still like the Desire.
    Otherwise I’d be looking at the Sensation in whatever flavour you prefer.

S2’s are good, but it depends how much you like HTC Sense.

ivantate
    Free Member

New battery is the cheap option and also if your current phone does everything you need.

Galaxy s2 is pick of the bunch at the moment especially as the battery life seems reasonable. I am looking at getting one as I want to make video calls on skype. Really can’t see how the s3 will improve on this phone for normal use without using more power and being larger.

ivantate
    Free Member

I also think the iphone has finally become competitive with the release of the 4s but it still commands premium payment.

firestarter
    Free Member

I tried my mates battery and it does the same , since the attempted over the air update at Christmas once the battery is around 70% android shuts down its as if something in the software thinks its empty when it isn’t runs fine upto the 70% mark then just drops to zero and shuts down, but with the built in diagnostic tool battery is still actually showing around 70%

I can’t find a solution anywhere tho I’ve done a factory reset but still the same 🙁

firestarter
    Free Member

I can get a 4s 16 iirc but lads at work don’t really rate them and the one that does has one with a bust screen they won’t fix also I don’t use itunes or have any other apple devices and like the android system

Rich
    Free Member

I can’t remember if this only works on rooted phones, but on mine if I start the phone while holding down the volume key to get into recovery mode, then there is an option to reset battery stats.
    This works for me when my phone starts shutting down at 15% battery life.

firestarter
    Free Member

Rich only works on rooted ones mate as I looked into that 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Mate has just got the Galaxy S2, does everything my HD does and more. The battery seems to be a revalation compared to mine too. Lasts for ever, in fact I’m actually quite annoyed about it when I see him…

I’d say go for the S2 aswell, but I’m lost on the battery comment. Mine’s shite, the old Blackeberry would last a few days but I’m lucky to get 24 hours out of the S2, closer to 8-10 hours. 🙁
    It does do exactly what I want it to do though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d suggest Nokia Lumia.

Some faults with it, but in other ways so much better than my HTC Desire its replaced.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

bust screen they won’t fix

Why won’t they fix it? Because they won’t repair genuine warranty problems or because he dropped it/sat on it?

firestarter
    Free Member

Not sure tbh mast

Thinking of trying to root it rich but don’t want to ruin it when carphone warehouse will give me 80 quid for It lol

deviant
    Free Member

Battery life isnt great on any of the current smartphones. If i use my Nexus-S for just calls and texts (in other words like a 90s phone!) then i have had 52 hours use from it….but if i have Wi-Fi switched on, browse the internet during the day, post on some forums, listen to music etc then it needs charging over night…no great hassle but compared to my old basic Nokia its pretty poor….my Nokia 2730 Classic would give 5 days use between charges!

I have a Nexus-S but in all honesty all the top smartphones do the same thing now.
    They all have a decent camera, all browse the web at speeds you’d have been pleased with from a laptop a few years ago, all have integrated diaries/organisers, all have loads of Apps, great displays etc etc….

….basically pick the one you like the look of the most or can get the best deal on.

The only thing i will say is that the new dual core phones havent been the great leap forward that many had hoped, processor speed only went from 1Ghz on the top phones to 1.2Ghz and developers writing Apps havent done anything amazing with dual core facilities yet….the next round of dual core smartphones should be the next big step, everything that came out late last year (iPhone 4S, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Sensation etc) were good phones but not noticeably better than their predecessors.

rOcKeTdOg

motorola atrix, surf loads and use tweetdeck a lot, battery is loads better than my old HTc Hero, fully charged at 7am it’ll last till 10pm at night (HTC needed charging at around 5pm) the Atrix is dual core though so that helps

SBrock
    Free Member

the battery life woes of Android phones is well know due to the the open-source OS, developers takes short cuts to write apps that don’t optimise battery consumption……….

yes people slate Apple for the ‘closed’ iOS but there is a reason for it……..developers have to follow apple protocols so battery life it optimised the best……

simples!

toby1

Hotmail murders my battery life – so I have it on my Nexus S but I have stopped using it already.

Android is pants for battery burn.

70% and switching off though – there must be a fix out there somewhere?

IA

Just got Mrs STR a Galaxy S2 and it seems very nice. The touch keyboard isn’t as intuitive as my Desire HD, but that aside I really like it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘new phone time which one ??’ is closed to new replies.