Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • New frame finally arrived
  • amplebrew

My new frame, fork, stem, bars and seatpost finally arrived!!!

Just got in from work at 1am to find a box and was like a kid on Christmas morning 😀

Apologies for the really poor pictures, too excited to take anything decent at the moment!!

Not taken any pictures of the Potts Type 2 fork, Ti bar or Ti post yet.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Do I see a spoon based brake mount? Nice! 😉
    Looks like a thing of purpose, look forward to seeing it in its entirety.

amplebrew

Just need to sit down and finalise the build now.

It’s even nicer than I thought it was going to be and was well worth the wait.

I’ll take some better pics over the coming week.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thats not your stuff on his blog, destined for the UK is it?
    Steve Potts blog
    Edit- The “the old days again” post.

amplebrew

Tracker1972 – Member
    Thats not your stuff on his blog, destined for the UK is it?
    Steve Potts blog
    Edit- The “the old days again” post.

Yeah, that’s mine 🙂

Post from USA was pretty quick, only took just over 6 days to get here.

takisawa2

Just been looking at his site. Some of the most beautiful machining & welding I’ve ever seen. Lovely.
    Guessing we’re talking lottery win prices… 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve just messed my pants 😳

Sancho
    Free Member

errr. Am I missing something, I dont get the excitement.
    It’s a basic hardtail with disc mounts.

timc
    Free Member

whats that cost then? 😆

rewski
    Free Member

mmmmm yummy

amplebrew

timc – Member
    whats that cost then?

The frame was $2950.00 and the Type II Fork was $700.00

I pretty much sold all my wordly goods to pay for it!!! 😯

I’ve taken a few more pics this morning, although I’m still no David Bailey!!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Very very nice, I even googled the makers blog and had a good read earlier. Something to be proud of that.

wwaswas

I like it 🙂

Why the weld on the seat tube – is it made of multiple tubes instead of internal butting?

stumpy01

It does look nice.

Not sure it’s ‘that much money’ nice, but if you can afford it, then hey, why not!!??

The only thing I don’t like is the name on the down tube. Most people are just going to think you are called Steve Potts.

kudos100
    Free Member

Beautiful frame, but I can’t help thinking the guy should have called the company something different. If your name is Enzo Ferrari by all means go ahead, but Steve Potts? LMAO.

ruscle
    Free Member

I think I would buy it just for the rear brake mount, Sweet looking frame. Really nice dull Ti finish to the frame as well.

khani
    Free Member

That’s the nicest ti stem I’ve seen, the frames lovely an all 😀

ourmaninthenorth

It may be “just” a hardtail, but I think it looks rather beautiful/

Looking forward to seeing it built up and covered in mud…. 😀

ds3000
    Free Member

My oh my, that is very, very nice. I trust you’re insuring it.

P20

Thats fantastic 8)

ddmonkey

Wow – a thing of beauty. Will be a bike to be proud of for life I’m sure. Don’t let it out of your sight!

Rorschach
    Free Member

That is beautiful……as long as it has the right size wheels.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

niche boys are gonna be well jell

walleater

Beautiful frame, but I can’t help thinking the guy should have called the company something different. If your name is Enzo Ferrari by all means go ahead, but Steve Potts? LMAO.

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you’d buy a Steve Potts frame over a Ferrari!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilderness_Trail_Bikes

whippersnapper
    Free Member

that is really rather nice. In fact, could I have it.

Dare I ask how much that stem was?

amplebrew

The price for the frame, type 2 forks, ti stem, ti post and ti bars including the postage and dreaded import duty was £3800 which I think works out cheaper than buying a Moots for example.

I’m sure a Moots frame, stem, post and bars is around £3700 and that doesn’t include any forks.

Just to confirm that it is a 29er.

The stem was $425, so approx £265.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Congrats, that looks fantastic, i bet it’l ride as good as it looks.

mamadirt
    Free Member

walleater +1

Lovely, lovely frame . . . and parts 😛

witty.name
    Free Member

Beautifull and guaranteed never to bump into another out on the trail.I like! What was the lead time for it? Months or years?

amplebrew

I ordered it in September last year, so just over 12 mths to get everything built.

mboy
    Free Member

Not a slight on you spending a lot of money on a bike frame (its your money who am I to judge), but that fork is steel right?

How the hell does a steel fork cost $700? It makes $3k on a Ti frame look like a relative bargain quite frankly!

Beautiful frame, sure it will ride wonderfully and last a lifetime. Will never understand the price of those forks though!

tang
    Free Member

That is lovely. What’s the rest of build? Gotta be top draw for such a beauty.

ton

very very nice indeed.

a lot of the oicks on here nowadays will not know who steve potts is………… 😉

Rik
    Free Member

Beautiful 🙂

I’ve been hankering after one after reading this:

http://blackmountaincycles.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-like-church-but-better.html

but the price is just too much around $3500 for the one above. I couldn’t justify it even if i was turning 40!

But after contacting Enigma i can get a full custom Ti frame like the one in the blog for a much more reasonable ~£1,500 (minus the s&s)

But enjoy……

p.s – I too was wondering what the weld on the seat tube was for? Seatpost shim insert maybe??

lucien

Does this “Steve Potts” rider know you’ve nicked his frame?

itstig

A Steve Potts frame is on my list for when i win the lottery. Saw that build on his web site.Very nice lots of history in his frames.Are you fitting roller cams?

c_klein87

woo a new bike thread that doesn’t have a generic boring orange 5, yeti etc

kudos100
    Free Member

If you had any idea what you were talking about, you’d buy a Steve Potts frame over a Ferrari!

As much as I admire the beauty and craftsmanship that have gone into this frame, I can’t help thinking I’d ask him if he could leave the logo off the downtube lol.

To the OP, it is an absolutely stunning frame, nicest I have seen for a long time.

kudos100
    Free Member

As much as I admire the beauty and craftsmanship that have gone into this frame, I can’t help thinking I’d ask him if he could leave the logo off the downtube lol.

To the OP, it is an absolute beauty of a frame, nicest I have seen for a long time.

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve got to say, that is a thing of beauty, those welds look immaculate!, looking forward to seeing it built up, what youplanning tohang from it, must be something special too?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘New frame finally arrived’ is closed to new replies.