Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New DX light with helmet mount
  • devs
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morn and is on charge. Will test it tonight. Any one using it on the helmet? It's just the leads aren't very long and I'm wondering how/where people are mounting the battery. Or is there an extension lead available anywhere a la Hope Vision 4?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

mine too – looks good (helmet mount is beefy tho!!)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

helmet mount jettisoned – using a dinotte one – far better 🙂 waiting for dark!

jonb
    Free Member

Link, Picture? I have no idea which light this is.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I've mounted mine on my bars – got a tesco torch on the helmet.

Tested it on Wed and was impressed with the unit – just off for another blast when the missus goes to work in a min

Jamie
    Free Member

*wonders how long he can put off ordering a DX light*

….the bar mounted one tho.

mrchrispy

im hovering over the order button…..mainly to be used on the roads though when im out on my billy no mate training rides.

mrchrispy

sod it!
    its fifty quid ffs.

singletrick
    Free Member

Slight hijack, is there actually any difference between the 'bar mounted one' and the 'helmet mounted one'?

I've got a bar mounted version and looking at the website the helmet mounted one seems to be the same but just include a helmet strap. Is it a different lamp unit?

mrchrispy

i believe the charger isn't as powerful so it should take longer to charge the helmet kit…I could be talking crap though.

windowshopper
    Free Member

looking at the website the helmet mounted one seems to be the same but just include a helmet strap

Beware the helmet mounted one comes with a different battery bag to that shown on the website. It has a press-stud fastener instead of velcro, no additional rectangular plastic bits to loop extra strapping to, and does not allow enough room when fastened to fit to even the handlebars (let alone top tube). Presumably it's designed to fasten to the head/helmet mount strap.

Having said that you might want to put it in a more waterproof bag anyway.

dogmatix

have just ordered the bar mount but will put on head… in my usual post order panic (I think it may be a medical condition, I seem to suffer it with even the smallest of purchases) I have thought will the beam be different? will it be perfectly fine to head mount the bar mount one (of course with purchase or DIY of a mount). After someone mentioned the slower battery charge I thought, hey just go for the bar mount and buy a separate quality helmet mount (I didnt actually have the thought 'hey' but the rest I did)

I_Ache
    Free Member

dogmatix. I thin you either didnt get enough sleep last night or you have managed to drink more coffee than one should by 7:30 in the morning.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

There's a few of these lights on ebay at higher prices than the DX deals, there's even one in the UK where someone has put a £120 BIN price !! 😯

Great lights though, was out with mine last night, might order another!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New DX light with helmet mount’ is closed to new replies.