Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • New Blue Pig (pics)
  • tjr666
    Free Member

Not the best pics in the world, just got the thing in the door! Absolutley chuffed to bits though, cheers to 18 bikes for doing such a good job, now off to ride 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

nice ! but blue pedals ?
    i keep hearing alot about these Ragley bikes….are they all 'Blue pig' or do some frames have different names ?

elaineanne
    Free Member
    Timmo
    Free Member

very nice! my mate picked up his blue big in orange on thursday! Sweet bikes!
    lbs owner has the Ti version! Very nice bike!!

brant
    Free Member

lbs owner has the Ti version! Very nice bike!!

Many LBS owners have Ti versions – it's funny that 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Are you colour blind 😆

tjr666
    Free Member

Are you colour blind

its my fun bike!!! sick of bloody black/white….orange/blue/black/white and yellow is the way to go 😀

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

That first picture makes it look really long.

I don't really understand the this bike – it looks pretty tame really but is very capable by all accounts.
    I'm used to hitting the Blue Big trail on a 7" freeride bike. Not sure how it'd feel on somthing like that.

Nice work matching the exact colour of the pedals, grips and pig. 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

That's really nice.

Jamie
    Free Member

The rear brake cable routing is interesting.

sohala
    Free Member

couldn't get on with mine 😐 don't know why. so it's being stripped and replaced. 456 maybe?

EDIT- bl00dy flicker!

sohala
    Free Member

EDIT- aaarrgh!!! i give in 😡

josh1982
    Free Member

May I ask what size it is?

sohala
    Free Member

woohoo, cracked it!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

That's an 18" by the look of it.

brant
    Free Member

couldn't get on with mine

What didn't you get on with? Looks a great build, though the chainset worries me a little.

I might offer a guess as to what you didn't like, but would be interesting to hear.

josh1982
    Free Member

16" at top of page though?

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah interested to hear why you didnt get on with it? here is mine 😉 now with big maxxis advantages on. i feels different thats for sure ive found i climb a gear bigger and can go for longer in each gear before dropping (thats ragley magic™) but it still feels a little shorter in the reach compared to my last bike but i knew this and i put that down to the angles and the more i ride it the better it feels. im off looking for the blue pig trail on monday so find out about the magic then 😉 lol

tjr666
    Free Member

Nice work matching the exact colour of the pedals, grips and pig.

Cheers! Even though the grips are Ragley Half Waffle grips so could not really go wrong there…I will get some better pics tomorrow…and its a 16" im a short arse.

wors

i think mine is great

couldn't get on with mine

must admit it took afew rides to get used to it but stick with it.

tjr666
    Free Member

Other side, different decals…

tjr666
    Free Member

Quick question, just got some heli-tape for it…will putting the tape over the decals be an issue if it ever has to come off (if it discolours or anything)?

zaskar
    Free Member

Looks great but no room for rear brake hose to be routed under top tube?

Looks well neat with the last pic just above ^

epicsteve
    Free Member

Nice bike but I'm having to assume you're colour blind.

brant
    Free Member

Looks great but no room for rear brake hose to be routed under top tube?

Top tube can take three cables, but some Shimano brakes have hose routing such that they need to fit on the chainstay rather than the seatstay. Annoying.

Multipurpose cable guides can be used to mount Rohloff cables via top or downtube too though.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Really nice colour scheme, a win over the usual stealth boredom.. Love it, orange and blue is a classic combo, gulf motorsport style.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Lose the reflectors though, school boy error..

stumpy01

That looks well nice.

I like the colours. My only concern with kitting a bike out with those kind of colours would be a worry that the grips/pedals will just look manky within a few rides.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What are the cranks FSA?

tjr666
    Free Member

What are the cranks FSA?

Indeed they are, just had them transferred from the Kona…waiting a month or so then gonna get some White RaceFace Cranks…

rOcKeTdOg

have far did you you have to twist 18 bikes arm up their back to let you out of the shop with that colour scheme? 😯

tjr666
    Free Member

My only concern with kitting a bike out with those kind of colours would be a worry that the grips/pedals will just look manky within a few rides.

Well im expecting the pedals to get battered, they are DMR's and thats what happens (in my experience anyway)…I'm hoping the Ragley grips will stay ok though…

tjr666
    Free Member

have far did you you have to twist 18 bikes arm up their back to let you out of the shop with that colour scheme?

….well they took a photo for their custom builds section (im assuming!) so it can't have been that bad 😉

Whats with the colour haters anyway?? If its too loud you're too old!! 😉

rOcKeTdOg

you're right, i've seen baby rattles that colour, if you like it it's fine!

tjr666
    Free Member

lol 😀 yeah i'm really chuffed…its not complete yet though…

sohala
    Free Member

brant – Premier Member

What didn't you get on with? Looks a great build, though the chainset worries me a little.
    I might offer a guess as to what you didn't like, but would be interesting to hear.

mi©k – Member
    yeah interested to hear why you didnt get on with it?

difficult to describe, just didn't feel right. tbh, have only totalled about 50 miles spread over 3 night rides on trails that i've rode many times before on my other bikes (inbred ss, sc superlight)and i felt like i just had no confidence. since the picture i've lengthened the stem to a rf 90mm (from easton 60mm)and fitted a jumpstop chain device, although i don't really suffer from chain drop (and no, i'm not only riding on tarmac)
    what is it that you suspect is wrong then brant? i'm more than willing to swap n change things a little if it's gonna help me out.

btw, it's a raceface evolve xc with just the middle ring (32t) same as i always do on my geared bikes… my superlight is the same (xt though)

any help/ opinions welcomed.
    stan.

wors

since the picture i've lengthened the stem to a rf 90mm (from easton 60mm)

swap it back

vdubber67
    Free Member

tjr66 – I'd rotate the cable guide on the down tube downwards by 180 degrees so the rear brake hose sits under the decal rather than on it.

I love mine – quite a few people ask about it when I'm out riding too which is a first for me on a bike…

miketually
    Free Member

swap it back

Yup – short stem

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah stick the short stem back on. im still getting used to mine in that its shorter reach but im getting used to it and its better each time . im out to play on it on monday with big tyres on for the first time 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘New Blue Pig (pics)’ is closed to new replies.