Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New 5 Spot build
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Got frame last weekend got it built up still a few things to change.

Rides really well. Very happy!

coogan
    Free Member

Schweet. They are lush. get a coil on it. 8)

fackit
    Free Member

N1ce really like the 5-spots.

scruzer
    Free Member

Looks the biz! Not sure what you would change? Maybe that kick stand needs to go? Just spotted that saddle angle too…

Vortexracing

what size is the frame, looks nice BTW

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Frame is medium 17"

anc
    Free Member

Nice one nick, is the epi on the market now then?

Neil

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

epi sold!

Gary_C

NCB,what height are you to be using a 17" frame?

CRC have them on offer,& am very tempted to buy one,but being a tad over 5'10",don't know whether to go for a 17" or a 19".

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi Gary im about 5`8 on a good day. Inside leg 32" The bike feels really well sized for me. Your probably at the height where a large maybe ok as the top tube is quite low and stand over is good. Bit of a tough call without trying first. I think wheelbase at Stavley have a demo, not sure of the size though.

Gary_C

Thanks for that.Looking at the recommended frame sizes on the Turner 'site,i'm inbetween the medium & large!

A demo would be the way to go,but I wouldn't half feel 'uncomfortable' demo'ing at one place & buying off another…

coogan
    Free Member

Why? Thats what I did with mine. Had to pay for the demo so all square in my eyes.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

You wouldnt need to take it out for a ride, probably just sitting on it would give you a fair idea if the size was correct for you.
    Having said that once you were sitting on it i expect you would want to take it out for a ride!

v10
    Free Member

Gary, where abouts are you based? Weve got a Large Demo bike built up and bought all of the Blue frames which we have on offer at the same price as CRC, so no need to feel uncomfortable.. unless you dont like blue! 😆

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Got a large 5 spot in SHeff if you need to try it

Gary_C

v10,& freeform,thanks for the kind offers,guys.(I'm based in the North West btw).
    I have took the plunge and bought a large(19") one off Merlin who are doing the same offer as CRC,with the added advantage that they have them in stock!
    Picked it up yesterday,& I now have a bare/stripped down '04 S-Works Enduro frame lying idle in the spare room….. 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

5'10" would have gone medium, 6' would go for large

heihei

Gary_C – don't worry about getting the large. My mate and I are both 5'10 ish. I've got the large (on the recommendation of DT himself) and my mate has the medium. In terms of riding positon you can't tell the difference – he has a 70mm stem I have a 50mm stem. Both use Joplin posts. He has hi-rise bars I have low-rise. The result is an almost identical positioning on the bike.

lowey

5'10 here also on a large. Fits like a glove.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Large here too. I'm 5'11. The new DW Turners are super compact and most people think my large frame is a medium. Best fitting bike I've had as I've always been a 'inbetweener'.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Get some pics of the new bikes up!

toons
    Free Member

5'10 got a medium, fits like a glove, quality bike.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

That looks very nice, thinking of getting one myself, but Silverfish are waiting for new stock to come in, expected mid April, wanted a white frame but they are not doing white anymore, so will have to choose another colour. I'm 5' 11 so will plum for a large.

mrpink
    Free Member

flippinheckler have you tried merlin,£1495.

Randall
    Free Member

flippinheckler ygm

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New 5 Spot build’ is closed to new replies.