Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mythic/Banshee Spitfire – Any Owner Views?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Been looking at these and thinking they look like a worthy/potential successor to my Blur 4X. Wondering what people have them setup like and for what kinda riding? Seems to be a biggish variation in the builds on pinkbike which could work in my favour as I use the Blur for everything from long XC rides to short downhill mucking around stuff…

Cheers
    Dave

djflexure

Thought about one last year but I got the impression that there were a few warranty issues, and some bearing/ bush issues. Don’t know whether that was a fair reflection, although the importer was not raving about them and advised me to go for a cheaper frame that has been great. Hopefully you will find somebody who has had one for a bit. I always thought they looked interesting but never saw one in the flesh.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Out of interest, what did the importer (Freeborn I assume?) advise you to go for?

djflexure

I got one of the last Hectiks – very good deal

al2000

Had mine for about a year, and love it. Slackish, long stays and low BB (13″ with a 160mm fork) make it so much fun to ride. Stable at speed, corners great and suspension has a nice pop to it.

Have used it for everything from 40 mile Lakes rides to playing at DH in the woods.

Bushing issues – I believe there were some QC issues, but my frame has been fine. Bushings need replacing now, but it has been ridden through winter in some pretty nasty filth so not too bad.

Crap camera phone photo, 36’s have been replaced with 55RC3Ti’s.

scruff
    Free Member

That bike looks gay.

Mugboo

DBW, sorry for the hijack. Please drop me an email, Springs here and I promised to show you and your mate round Bingley 🙂

Plus you can have a go on my Mega and forget about the Spitfire..

mugbooatgmaildotcom

honourablegeorge

Freeborn warned me off them too, when I phoned to ask about them.

I’d read a load of glowing reviews, I was dead keen, ready to buy.

nuke

I’m intrigued why the importer would warn people off them. What frame did they suggest as an alternative?

honourablegeorge

They didn’t, really. I remember him sounding a bit weary about it all. I hung up the phone and thought “well that was pretty honest of him”

al2000

That bike looks gay.

Did I mention the stiffness?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mythic/Banshee Spitfire – Any Owner Views?’ is closed to new replies.