Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • My weekend project- whats yours?
  • cheez0
    Free Member

Mine will be building a good strong front wheel from my existing Mav EN521 rim plus a shiny new Hope hub!

I just got me a new Cannondale RZ120 as my first toe-dip into the world of full-suss, but the only bad thing about it is the SubZero rims that come as standard. They look a bit fragile for my bang and crash style of riding, so I’m gonna fettle up me a new wheel!

Anyone else doing any fettling this weekend?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

New stem/steer to fit to my Lefty.

loddrik
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoying myself at CyB (and turning 38 😯 )

cheez0
    Free Member

..oh, and ongoing cider project 🙂

prettygreenparrot

riding on sunday (Hebden Bridge) and fitting a ceiling, speakers and LV halogen light fittings in a bathroom on saturday 😕

chakaping
    Free Member

prepping and painting the bathroom wall

cyclebiker

Dissertation to write… not much riding planned for me this weekend.

Have you ever built a wheel before, I am thinking of doing it as I have broken freewheel on a rim in the garage that I could play with. Does it just take a lot of patience or is it hard to do?

richen987
    Free Member

Finishing my patio, a potential short ride saturday morning

Vortexracing

Recovering from a P!$$ up in Skipton on Friday night and celebrating my 45th birthday on Saturday.

oh fitting some new rev RL Ti’s i’ve just bought, ready for a Rivvy ride on Sunday. 😀

OCB
    Free Member

If all the bits are in … building a new bike.

neil853
    Free Member

Riding with my dentist Saturday (bit weird I know) and hopefully riding somewhere with big Hills Sunday 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Reuniting myself with the Quantocks and it’s many inhabitants after a year of not riding on them.

scaredypants

Finishing my patio

but you never know when somebody else is going to piss you off

sv

Have you ever built a wheel before, I am thinking of doing it as I have broken freewheel on a rim in the garage that I could play with. Does it just take a lot of patience or is it hard to do?

Easy with the ‘Wheelpro’ book/PDF, £9 very well spent IMO.

Taff
    Free Member

Fit a new bottom bracket, build a greenhouse, start planting some veg, mow the lawn, get some riding in and hopefully a whole lot of eating! Apart from the riding a boring weekend but last one at home for 5 weeks

forgotmename
    Free Member

Doubled,

forgotmename
    Free Member

Driving to gatwick, flying to nice, ridin with rivierabikes, for a week. O yes.

julioflo
    Free Member

Finishing report and design work for final MA module of the year, so no riding this weekend [again]. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming and a normal riding schedule will very soon return!

robbo1234biking

Giving the bike it summer service including replacing chain, cassette and jockey wheels and cables. Spending some time with the wife poss cinema trip

Jamie
    Free Member

I have a furious eBay session planned for Sunday night, which hopefully will leave me with at least one new toy afterwards.

*straps on bidding gauntlets*

ourmaninthenorth

Packing ready to move house on Tuesday.

This involves pre-moving 9 sodding bikes. 🙄

bassspine
    Free Member

I’m marshalling on a couple of stages of the Torbay Trial

Always fun to see classic vehicles being thrashed mercilessly up a muddy slope by dangerous maniacs.

just for the record, this is my next-door neighbour. He’s nearly 80, only stopped doing trials on his Norton Commando w/sidecar a couple of years ago. Hero.

simonjf63
    Free Member

Stripping and servicing brakes, planting onions, garlic, potatoes and broad beans, bit more digging and father-in-law’s birthday party

richen987
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

Finishing my patio

but you never know when somebody else is going to piss you off

plenty of room for an extension……

Mintman
    Free Member

Attempting to replace the wiring loom in my Westfield before the spring/summer sun goes back into hiding…

toab
    Free Member

no project as such, my band’s got a gig on Sunday afternoon at a vintage clothing fair. There will be beer and cup cakes.

phinbob

If the blinking couriers get their thumb out of their backside it will be building up a 456. Possibly in time to take on a skills session on Sunday morning (asking for trouble?)

It’s in a depot 4 miles from my house. What’s the chance of it getting here today….

blades2000
    Free Member

no project as such but, packing for Colombia, trying to sell our car (still) and riding the Cheshire Cat Sportive on an old Mountain Bike, still deciding if I should west Baggies or not.

wwaswas

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Riding Ben Nevis tomorrow, and somewhere on skye on Sunday .
    Just gotta check the bike over tonight and a quick fork service!

robgarrioch

Relacing this + do a right good clean…

And hopefully get out for a spin, sometime between stages of looking after this yin…

uplink
    Free Member

Mine will be something like

Formula 1 qualifying
    5 hr road ride
    Afternoon nap
    Beer
    Curry
    ——————————————–
    Formula 1 race
    3 hr mtb ride
    World Superbikes race
    Afternoon nap
    Dinner out

I believe that itinerary to be unbeatable 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

fair play uplink, although road ride? 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

I believe that itinerary to be unbeatable

replace the boring motorsports with Rihanna popping round for a bit of slap and tickle and you might be getting there

uplink
    Free Member

although road ride?

The official answer is I’m helping a mate train for the Ironman

in reality, I do like a ride over the hills on a road bike 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

replace the boring motorsports with Rihanna popping round for a bit of slap and tickle and you might be getting there

nah, I’d lock her up & keep her till Monday

Forgot to mention, I’m off work Monday too 🙂

Tracey

Need to wax my board, of to Kaprun for a week

spacehopper

Dirty weekend away 😀

Train..
    Japanese food…
    poshe hotel.. 😛
    Italian food..
    Theatre..
    Poshe hotel.. 😛
    Train home..
    Yoga..
    Recover..
    Victory is mine!

krag
    Free Member

Saturday building some jumps on the local super d track

Sunday marshalling at a womens mtb race 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Playing site manager while a subby installs a load of drainage on one of our sites in East London, both days so no riding 🙁 28hrs at +75% wages 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘My weekend project- whats yours?’ is closed to new replies.