Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • My tolerance is wearing thin
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I know I’m going to sound like a miserable sod but….

In laws, lovely people but….

Drove FiL to Donington and back, 300+ mile round trip.

Got home, cooked a BBQ, no help, despite requesting it as as I’m tired after a busy week and that.

Fair enough, they helped clear up but on my insistence, ” take your plate in then, don go empty handed” ( which they were about to do)

FiL hears footy is on. Watches it despite knowing I, mrs Coolhandluke, daughter and MiL don’t like football

I’ve come to bed early as its winding me up a bit as I think that FiL is a bit rude now.

Maybe I’m tired and grumpy. I don’t know.

I look over it if they were here for a day but its the week.

Give me strength or tolerance,

Drac

What I would give to able to see my FIL again.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Man up it’s your home. Put things like tv to a vote. Had similar thing with my FiL ,now no problems.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Champions League Final on just now, biggest game of the year. He’ll appreciate being allowed to watch it 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Moany Mc moan 😉

ojom
    Free Member

Cling film the bog before he goes for a pee.

Should be enough to make him pack his suitcase.

tymbian
    Free Member

It’s good to talk!

Tell FiL exactly what you wrote here…ask him his views.

What happens when you go to his?

acidchunks

He’s the alpha male and you’re his bitch.

Sadly I’ll never meet my partner’s father as he passed before we met.

Stop whining, put your pants back on, go downstairs and grab a beer.

project
    Free Member

It life, someday they will be dead and youll miss them, thats how life pans out for us all.

I do……..

eskay

crack open a bottle of red – job done.

PrinceJohn

Are your inlaws called Fil & Mil?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Drink heavily. What could go wrong!?

martymac

had similar with my ex fil.
    decided to man up and told hi, how i felt.
    he attacked me with a hammer.
    i was forced to defend myself, ended up kicking his arse across the road.
    got divorced less than 12 months later.
    tread carefully would be my advice.

mt
    Free Member

I know how you feel, just grin and bare it. Your partner will thank you and you never know he may keep you in his will. My FiL is a bit of an idiot at times.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My (ex) fil was a great bloke who didn’t like wendyball anyway & would probly take over on the BBQ!
    OP is unlucky.

AdamW
    Free Member

My FiL I think is about to be diagnosed with dementia (83). But, saying that, I have never met such a bully, coward, tosser and right-wing [rude word] as him. He has ruined his kids’ life, both are scared to death of him, and he still thinks he’s funny and a patriarch, a la ‘godfather’. I only put up with him because of MrAdamW but if he pushes it a little then I’m liable to lose my rag with him and tell him what I really think.

😡

My dad, on t’other hand, was a great laugh, and I wish he’d survived until I was an adult. i would have loved taking him to the pub.

bearnecessities

In laws, lovely people but…

If you’re capable of making that assessment, which you clearly are, then let him have his time and behave as he wishes (providing you stand by that statement above). FFS, he’s married a woman he loves, brought up a woman he loves, so as far as I can tell he deserves maximum kudos and if he wants to piss in the sink, meh, let him 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

My father in law pisses me off so regularly, he also makes me laugh equally regularly and I wouldn’t change him for the world.

mrmoofo

I wonder what he would say about you on a BB ? 😉

globalti
    Free Member

My wife hates my Mum so much that we never see her and she is missing out completely on seeing her grandson grow up.

wrightyson
    Free Member

^^ that’s a big shame all round^^

Inbred456
    Free Member

Whoa globalti that’s a real shame,think you know what you’ve got to do there fella, not an easy one that. Your children’s feelings are more important than your wife’s. Can’t get that time back.

unklehomered
    Free Member

My BiL is a really nice bloke, but should never ever be allowed the TV remote.

Also, Globalti, to some extent that’s your wife problem, she should suck it up and accept a compromise. Easy for me, here, to say i know, but that’s not a good way for things to be.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Suck it up would be my advice but the last time my fil was at my house (he lives on the otherside of the world) it ended up one night with both of us screaming at each other in the rain.

PJM1974
    Free Member

My FiL passed away two years ago, lovely man.

The MiL however, is an angry harridan who’s gone out of her way to split myself and the missus up.

BigJohn

Globalti, I’ve been on the other side.

It tears a grandmother’s heart out (and a grandad’s) not to be part of a grandchild’s life.

MrOvershoot

Despite other problems in our lives my wife & I are really lucky to have fantastic In-Laws. They also get on with each other so we don’t have any treading on eggshells 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘My tolerance is wearing thin’ is closed to new replies.