Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My Halfords Dirtworker Experience
  • RRD
    Free Member

So last week I checked all my local Halfords. Unfortunately to no avail, I experienced the full range of Halfords staff as documented on this site: from very helpful to plain “Chav/ned/spide” rude (clearly not interested in my custom as I wasn’t purchasing aluminium pedals for my XR2i)

Anyway, in a stroke of genius I thought I’d ask the other half to check out Belfast. The store’s system clearly displayed that code 430991 was in the shop contrary to the staff’s denial of the product. Eventually the Dirtworker is found in the store and hey presto I now own a £25 Dirtworker.

Used it for the first time tonight. Really impressive, well built and incredibly usefu if you live in a city centre flat. Cannot recommend it enough.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

£25!!! is that what they are now or did u get a deal?!

I want one!!

easygirl

i got a dirtworker for £25 last week from bolton, guy at the store told me they had one in in aintree store, but said dont phone them because they are very unhelpful on the phone, so if anyone is near aintree might be worth going in with the code and asking

Philby

Got one a couple of weeks back in Bridgwater – supposedly the last in the South West.

Apparently there are some in Merthyr, Cwmbran and either Pontypool or Pontypridd in South Wales. So a slight deviation from a trip to Cwm Carn or Afan may be worthwhile!

Andy

yup – got one from Mitchum. £25. Have to say the people in the shop where I located it through their screen (Bracknell) were superb and looked for ages for me and the chap Tito in Mitcham, was also very helpful. Hunting round and putting away safely until I could have it retreived.

Andy

Nb The trick apparantly is if a shop shows stock = 2 it will have one in.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I hate all you bastards having paid £80 last year myself – mind you, I felt it was a top bit of kit at that price anyway so enjoy your bargain! 😉

BoardinBob

Has anyone been able to source one in or around Glasgow?

iainc

Bob – I tried today to no avail. Rutherglen, EK and Braehead. Tracked one down in Bishopbriggs but it was a display model, broken and they wouldn’t sell it.

If you manage to find any I would be ken to know where ?

-)

grey_or_black

Iainc

Why did you want to buy a broken Dirtworker?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What is a Dirtworker?

TheChunk
    Free Member

Philby – Member
    Apparently there are some in Merthyr, Cwmbran and either Pontypool or Pontypridd in South Wales. So a slight deviation from a trip to Cwm Carn or Afan may be worthwhile!

Oooh, I work 2 minutes away from Cwmbran Halfords, will pop in tomorrow! Cheers for the heads up.

iainc

I didn’t want to buy it – when I phoned them they said they only had one left, it was the display model, broken and not for sale ….-)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My Halfords Dirtworker Experience’ is closed to new replies.