Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Murray
  • mudsux
    Free Member

Ouch Omar – PEDs in tennis, surely not?!?

Such a meteoric rise to the top? Regularly dishing out a spanking to the Federer and Nadal?

Tennis has a doping problem

donsimon
    Free Member

Good effort from the plucky Brit. Showing heaps of Bulldog spirit too. 😉

Inbred456
    Free Member

Murray playing in an era of possibly the greatest 4 tennis players of all time loses in a thrilling five sets to the world number one. No shame at all. At least he’s made progress since last year. He may never win a grand slam.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

They would lose to Jacks in orange eating but win the banana and the squats!

De, de, de, deeer…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

If he’d been offered his world number 4 ranking and a good deal of semi finals and finals in grand slams at the beginning of his career, he’d probably have taken it. He is as it stands the best UK tennis player ever.

scuttler

In the 70s the tennis players were always languishing in last place with the racing drivers on Superstars. How would their modern counter parts measure up against Brian Jacks et al?

Against Et Al – No problem
    Against Brian Jacks – No chance unless they binned the gym section

Good effort Murray. Epic entertainment. His Mum’s looking well fit these days!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

He is as it stands the best UK tennis player ever.

Is he? (genuine question)
    If so, good on him!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Joking aside, if Murray lives in Surrey (cue a song), does that makes Scotland’s leading sportsman ineligible to vote in the referendum?

Northwind

neninja – Member

Murray capitulates

Watched a different game?

midlifecrashes

Er… Fred Perry.

But yes, Murray played well today. Got to be really good to get to choking position so often.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

OK then, guess he must be Scotland’s best ever tennis player. 😀

Did you see what I did there? Did you like it, because I loved it. 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Tennis is bollocks anyway.

Yes, it is.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Tennis is bollocks compared to what? There are not many sports that combine as many skills as a tennis player needs all rolled into one. Rather watch a good tennis match than a bunch of overpaid thugs kicking a ball about.

yossarian
    Free Member

Tennis is bollocks compared to what? There are not many sports that combine as many skills as a tennis player needs all rolled into one. Rather watch a good tennis match than a bunch of overpaid thugs kicking a ball about.

I agree that it combines a number of skills. It’s still bollocks though. There’s a reason why football is the people’s game and tennis isn’t. Actually I wonder if tennis is the most popular sport in any country?

Overpaid thugs chasing a ball delves deeper into our pysche than two chaps with bats chasing a little bouncy ball around a court. Why?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Rather watch a good tennis match than a bunch of overpaid thugs kicking a ball about.

Not a fan of rugby then?

Inbred456
    Free Member

Nothing thuggish about rugby. They are all things considered a well behaved bunch with respect for the referee.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you just ignore the high tackles, the eye gouging and the off field drunken antics .I love this respect for the ref .they do have it but it does not make them less thuggish just more respectful of the refs authority.

aracer
    Free Member

Rather watch a good tennis match than a bunch of overpaid thugs kicking a ball about.

+1 – football is often just so boring. That match today was really thrilling to watch.

Overpaid thugs chasing a ball delves deeper into our pysche than two chaps with bats chasing a little bouncy ball around a court. Why?

Tribalism. The other thing I dislike about it.

mefty
    Free Member

ignore the high tackles

Those short arses are dead tricky to tackle especially when they duck

Coyote
    Free Member

He probably is the best British tennis player ever.

Listened to the final set in the car and was thoroughly enthralled. Well done Mr. Murray and well done 5 Live commentary team!

slimjim78
    Free Member

I don’t care where he comes from, he’s a sad sack miserable dour git.

Federer outclasses him in every aspect, Nadal has guile and a good smile.

May the best man win.

zokes
    Free Member

He is as it stands the best UK tennis player ever.

Murray has some catching up to do – not least because he actually needs to win something that matters…

slimjim78
    Free Member

amen

wrightyson
    Free Member

Djokovic is the new darling of the tennis world! Has the charisma that Feds pure skill and nadals pure power could never match! He’s the complete article and will outwit raffa on Sunday I reckon. Great player and a top man from what I’ve seen. Murray will be in the top three (maybe two) within a year but I can’t see djokovic losing the no 1 spot this year.

NZCol

Just home from Melb – 2 great games over 2 nights. Not really a tennis fan but had the chance to go. No idea how they play that well – super fast. And I had a photo with Wozniaki and she is smoking hot !!

Coasting
    Free Member

Murray will be out of the top four by the end of this year.Im not sure why he’s even there.When was the last time he won anything that mattered.He lacks charisma and the true talent to take him to the top.He looks and acts like a wee spoilt child most of the time.

aracer
    Free Member

Murray will be out of the top four by the end of this year.Im not sure why he’s even there.When was the last time he won anything that mattered.He lacks charisma and the true talent to take him to the top.He looks and acts like a wee spoilt child most of the time.

I presume you didn’t watch this match then? He’s just played the match of his life, been within a few points of beating the world number 1, not acted at all like a spoilt brat and you think he’s rubbish. If he’s not going to be in the top 4, then maybe you could suggest who’s going to replace him – I’d suggest picking somebody who’s made a grand slam semi in the last year, which should limit your choices somewhat (Murray has managed 4 out of 4, which may have something to do with why he’s there).

As for when he last won something which mattered, then I presume something other than grand slams is allowed (otherwise in the last 7 years, only 1 player other than the current top 3 has won “anything which mattered”) – in which case 3 weeks ago he won the last ATP World Tour event he competed in, and in August and October last year he won 2 of the last 3 ATP Masters events (the next level below Grand Slam). BTW nobody other than the current top 4 has won an ATP Masters event in the last year.

NZCol

He was shockingly petulant actually esp in the fourth set – he threw that and it was like a wee kid throwing his toys out. On court he was bitching and moaning and being a bit of an embarrassment actually. Physically he is in fine form, he needs a stronger line forehand and he needs some serious work on the top 3 inches to get a major in the bag.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Murray’s a hell of a lot more successful than any British football team, that’s for sure.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Coasting – tell us which player has the most consistent record in semi final and final appearances over the past 12 months and then re-post.

It takes a lot to like Murray, but I have immense and growing respect for him now. And massively so after yesterday. Hopefully Lendl will get him ready for his best surface and chance – the US Open. Then SPOTY 2012??

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Coasting – Member
    Murray will be out of the top four by the end of this year.Im not sure why he’s even there.When was the last time he won anything that mattered.He lacks charisma and the true talent to take him to the top.He looks and acts like a wee spoilt child most of the time

Classic example of someone who’s hatred of Murray far outweights their knowledge of Tennis.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The only other sport that gets close to tennis for its sheer difficulty for me anyway is the decathlon. When you are on that court you’re on your own. No team mates to mop up your mistakes or take the blame. Its a very lonely sport that requires exceptional mental toughness. It would appear that Murray by his demeaner after the match has realised this hopefully and should now have the ability to progress.

aracer
    Free Member

Classic example of someone who’s hatred of Murray far outweights their knowledge of Tennis.

Kim Sears’ hatred of Murray outweighs Coasting’s knowledge of tennis.

pedalhead
    Free Member

lol how’s that for some random spam

pedalhead
    Free Member

ok now that the spam has been deleted my post makes no sense at all 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

pedalhead – Member
    lol how’s that for some random spam

POSTED 25 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s subtle, maybe too subtle. What are you selling?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Murray is still a loser.

kudos100
    Free Member

Murray is hugely talented, but does not have it where it matters, in the mind.

Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Murray’ is closed to new replies.