Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • M&S Insurance.
  • Doug
    Free Member

Is it still any good or have they changed the terms?

Janesy
    Free Member

Changed terms, especially when you do claim for the 4k. my renewal they will only payout 1k for each bike. Bit silly them letting me have a 3k bike then. dur!

Doug
    Free Member

Cheers Janesy

spooky_b329

But have they actually changed the standard terms? I’ve just had a quick look at the website and the summary still states items including bikes up to £4k.

I get the impression Janesy has made a big claim so they have placed a condition on his renewal. Thats fair enough in my eyes, I’d rather those that are higher risk take the hit than M&S imposing additional conditions for everyone else. If I had a single bike stolen I wouldn’t necessarily claim for it as I’m not sure it would be worth in with the higher premiums/difficulty moving insurers/increased perceived risk. If someone cleared out all my bikes then obviously I would claim.

Mugboo

Just insured with them.

The wife phoned to check and they said bikes up to £4000 were insured.

I have done a breakdown on costs for each bike and photos too. I will be getting my LBS to scan and sign them.

If you built it yourself then add it up, it scary..

http://www.singletraction.co.uk/?fn_mode=fullnews&fn_id=101

cheez0
    Free Member

numpty question

Is this dedicated bike insurance or house insurance that covers bikes too?
    Are the bikes covered for use abroad?

Drac

It’s the home contents insurance and yes they’re covered abroad and not heard about a change in policy.

spooky_b329

Covered abroad and on planes etc if you take the (essential) away from home cover.

AlexSimon

hmm – didn’t know about the limits imposed at renewal – has anyone else found this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance.’ is closed to new replies.