Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Moving to NZ – will my TV work?
  • deandorsie
    Free Member

Moving to NZ in August with the GF, we’re getting a shipping container and I was wondering if it’s worth taking our tv. It’s fairly new, with freeview HD. Not sure what format/frequency NZ broadcast on and whether we can just get a freeview type box thingy to plug into the HDMI? Any advice welcome.

Also, same question with my PS3?

Cheers.

BTW. We’re moving to Wellington so any biking/trail tips appreciated, although this probably warrants a dedicated thread closer to the date.

wwaswas

any biking/trail tips appreciated,

I hope you like riding up hills 🙂

deandorsie
    Free Member

ah. not really. suppose I’ll get better at it.
    Surely they go down too!

slimtubing
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_6NA3NJAlc Makara Peak is your new best friend, NZCol will doubtless be along in a minute to sell you the windy city’s charms.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i found the voltage/Hz and “will my freview box work in nz” answer with google in a couple of clicks.

same 240/50hz freeview no worky out there

simon_g

I believe it all runs on the same DVB services as we do – and HD services are rolling out now.

PS3 will work OK but the region for blu-rays and games will still be locked to where you bought it from.

deandorsie
    Free Member

Thanks people. Not to worried about multi region bul-rays and I only play GT5 and COD!

pomona
    Free Member

TV and PS3 will work, only problem is the TV here is utter crap.

Sky have an HD service and you can buy Freeview boxes as well.
    Better idea is to set up a proxy thingy and watch BBC iPlayer.

I moved to Wellington from Glasgow 4 years ago and I must say that biking wise Wellington is awesome. Makara Peak is just one of a few places, Mt Vic, Wrights Hill, Hawkins hill, Wainuimata, Belmont, Miramar and more

Click on the Wellington link in the following website.

http://tracks.org.nz/

Flick me an e-mail closer to the time and I can show you round.
    Any other questions about where to live etc feel free to ask

Dan

talisker707 at gmail dot com

deandorsie
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks pomona. Really looking forward to exploring the area – looks immense. Would be great to have someone show us round, cheers.

vpn for iplayer seems the way forward.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Moving to NZ – will my TV work?’ is closed to new replies.