Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mountain biking Stalybridge
  • keegs27
    Free Member

As the title suggests I’m after help/information about mountain biking around the Stalybridge area. I grew up around there in the area around the top of Mottram Road and Hobson moor but I wasn’t so much into mountain biking at that point. Looking on google earth it seems as though there is a lot to cover on the hills behind Mottram Road and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for routes or any gps routes that they could send me.

There are quite a frew reservoirs up beyond the hills – are there any good routes down and around these?

keegs27
    Free Member

Thought I’d bump this back up top see if there were any takers – there must be someone who has mtb’d in this area

sambob
    Free Member

Hobson’s moor has some very good stuff. 1 descent in particular sticks in my mind, it goes down inbetween 2 reservoirs, probably my favourite descent. It might be cheeky, but i’m not sure, i’ve only ever been taken there, never used a map.

davetrave
    Free Member

You could do worse than head up the Pennine Bridleway towards Saddleworth, plenty of riding around there, although some of it is cheeky. Head up Swineshaw and across the tops – good descent down towards Mossley. If you’re mobile then we do regular Wednesday night rides from The Cyclery in Uppermill and tend to head in one of two directions – either north-ish towards the Pule Hill and Standedge areas or south-ish towards Stalybridge via the Dovestones are, using the PB.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking Stalybridge’ is closed to new replies.