Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Mountain biking movies
  • steveo48
    Free Member

Hi Guys, name me your favourite mountian biking movies, going away for a month, looking for movies to download and watch while sitting for hours on planes.
    Ta

lynchmob
    Free Member

follow me, roam, seasons

Northwind

Seasons is the daddy… Though it’s not all quite up to scratch, that final sequence is just a knockout… We saw it and Follow Me in a double bill and it made for a pretty harsh comparison- Follow Me’s good but it just lacked any knockout punches

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3nkzjACUG4[/video]

I really enjoyed Home, very different but it’s got a lovely laidback style. (Find on the other hand didn’t work at all for me)

You could do worse than to download all the Fox/Mojo Trail Diaries and all the episodes of Finally as well.

Underhill
    Free Member

Vast. Could watch that over & over.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Sprung 5 is a must watch, its slightly old school now (early 00’s maybe), but has some excellent riding and camera shots and puts some of the newer movies to shame i think.

NWD 10 is my fav recent one.

All the Earthed films are pretty good as well.

You can download them all for free at Extreme-vidz.com.

NWD 1 is a must see i think for the opening Josh Bender segment!

Northwind

Ah, Vast’s great… Another one that was shown as a double-bill and killed the main feature, poor old Lifecycles.

Cranked 5 I remember as a good one, though I think maybe I’ve forgotten most of it. The trials sequence is just fantastic.

Militant_biker

Another vote for Vast, and its not-quite-as-good older brother, Virtuous.

I’m also a fan of the Clay Porter movies, Hypnosis, F1rst and The Tipping Point are all worth watching, although they are quite different to the Collective/Anthill stuff. They are also nearly all DH race based.

Avoid This is Australia

jedi

i love nsx6 diggin it. it really feulled my fire to build and ride north shore constructions

Coyote
    Free Member

“Seasons” would have to be the top of the pile for me.

The “Earthed” series are well worth a watch as is “Kranked 5”

rewski
    Free Member

Follow Me and Vast are great, I’m also a big fan of Home and Find, not as rad as the above.

simondbarnes

Dirt. Anything else is pretty rubbish in comparison.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Just the bit with the bikes from ET.

lunge

+1 for Dirt. You just can’t beat playing around on your bike with your mates. There may be nothing overly rad or gnar in there but even after all these years it still sums up what mountain biking means to me.

chakaping
    Free Member

I watched Klunkerz last night and would recommend it. Fascinating and quite entertaining too.

Plus another vote for Clay Porter’s films – F1rst and The Tipping Point in particular.

disco_stu
    Free Member

+1 for Klunkerz, caught it on tv a while back and quite enjoyed it.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Klunkerz
    Lifecycles
    Ride the Divide
    24 Solo

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Monday.

A bit short but always good to kill five minutes.

rewski
    Free Member
    michaelmcc
    Free Member

Did anyone else not really like life cycles? It was a bit too heart felt for me. Too many shots of leaves blowing in the wind and stuff like that.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think quite a few people thought it was a bit too arty/pretentious/boring.

Fell asleep watching it on the big screen.

rewski
    Free Member

I liked Lifecycles – stunning on BR, but to be honest I’ve been known to be arty/pretentious/boring. To be fair most people find films about bikes boring though.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I liked lifecycles, I actually get bored with the DH, jumpy stuff, its just more and more of, hey look i can jump this, yawn. I am much keener on films that show the scenary, a challenge and more than just kids jumping. Dull.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah the best bike films are ones with at least a bit of a narrative thread IMO.

Hence liking the Clay Porter films and Klunkerz I think.

xterramac
    Free Member

BMX Bandits
    American flyers
    Anything by the collective

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

somebody should make a film with some uphills in it as well as downs!

I like the travel aspect, seeing new places. The guys who did the Ride the Divide film are apparently doing a film called the Path (they have a page on facebook) which includes Alaska and Nepal. This appeals way more than another jump film.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Tread! Retrotastic

d45yth
    Free Member

You should check out ‘Ride the Divide’. It may not have any stunts and whatnot, but the whole story of the challenge and how it affects the different riders makes it the best bike film for me!

p.s. There are websites streaming it if you know where to look. I’m not posting any links on here though.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

If you like downhill vids, I’m gonna put a shout out for Super8 , also Synopsis / Hypnosis (both in the same series one after the other.

Great interaction and talk with the riders, amazing camera work, gives you great view to the world of DH and 4X racing, in all of them.

Good soundtrack too, not just the general shouty rock that dominated mtb vids for a while.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOd3CzrtWBo[/video]

Synopsis trailer.

rickon
    Free Member

Home and Find are excellent films by UK film chap Mark Husskinson, spent 50-odd hours with him for The Hobbit’s Tale; he stayed up for the whole journey – top fella.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Dirt for me too.

Oh, and BMX Bandits of course.

DickBarton

Vast can be had on itunes for about 2 quid an episode…or for 2 quid for the whole thing in hd. 4 quid for normal or 2 quid for hd. It is good and the last sequence is excellent with a cracking backing track!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Anyone seen 3 Minute Gaps yet?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Lifecycles was pretentious twaddle IMHO.

rewski
    Free Member

Mark Husskinson – top fella

I’d second that, I emailed reset films who produce Find and Home about the an issue with one of the DVD’s, Mark phoned me personally to understand my and explain reasons why.

Nice music too.

Northwind

michaelmcc – Member

Did anyone else not really like life cycles?

I thought there was 10 minutes of really excellent film in it, surrounded by an hour of what my mate graham would call “w*nking in a box”

grum
    Free Member

LifeCycles was quite pretentious but some of the cinematography was incredible. Seasons is probably the best one I’ve seen.

andrewh
    Free Member

Off Road to Athens.
    THe only movie premier I have ever attended. Actually, it was just the UK premier.

MushetPhoto
    Free Member

Rusty Shackleford – Member
    Anyone seen 3 Minute Gaps yet?

Yep, it’s pretty darn good. A nice mix of documentary covering the World Cup plus rider sections shredding it up nicely.

samcamsdad

lifecycles, very poor!!
    3 minute gaps is superb,
    all the earthed series are great.
    And just for old times sake, get all the sprung films!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking movies’ is closed to new replies.