Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Mountain bikers, why do they do it?
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah, it can be possible, my remedy with worn out SB8s was a speed machine.
    What I don’t get is why they slipstream me, then overtake, then don’t slow a bit to let me slipstream them.

I’m on my non-aero machine mr power ranger, come on, help me out here.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Wow, there are some cocks around aren’t there!?

I don’t give them the time of day even if I’m on a road bike
    How do you differentiate between ‘you’ and ‘them’? How do you know if they’re not a mountain biker, on his first ever road ride? Are they not good enough for you because ‘they’ wear lycra? You sound like a far bigger **** than the OP!
    Because they all ride in a big ROAD CLUB you c**t

rudedog
    Free Member

Good story

robsoctane
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like many of you would nod at me…

Overtake me? 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Because they all ride in a big ROAD CLUB you c**t

Confirms my point quite nicely there!

You know, I was walking down the road the other day, I said hello to another pedestrian, and he didn’t reply, the nerve of some people 🙄

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

We’re all cyclists together so I always say hello to other cyclists, whether they’re on the road or off road. I don’t know whether they all respond, I’m usually overtaking them at great speeds so I dont hear them if they do.

stevemtb
    Free Member

How different would your post be if he actually managed to keep up? Actually you wouldn’t have posted that!!

Got to give these things a try at times, on the rare occasion it works it’ll be great. I managed to keep up with an unfit looking roadie on my 29er on the road for a few miles, was completely burst after it but it was fun trying.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

You know, I was walking down the road the other day, I said hello to another pedestrian, and he didn’t reply, the nerve of some people

Must have been “on a century”

Stuey01
    Free Member

You just don’t get this whole them and us on roadie forums, in fact MTB is hardly mentioned at all.
    Seems to be a completely one sided obsession, like an inferiority complex.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You just don’t get this whole them and us on roadie forums, in fact MTB is hardly mentioned at all.
    Seems to be a completely one sided obsession, like an inferiority complex.

Sounds about right.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

It’s just the frustration with humourless people who take riding a pushbike far too seriously.
    Still, at least now the TDF is over, there’s less grim faced men in tights on my commute.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Still, at least now the TDF is over, there’s less grim faced men in tights on my commute.

Fair play for doing it, but if I was commuting from Belgium to Paris I wouldnt go via the Alps and the Pyrenees

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Mountain bikers, why do they do it?’ is closed to new replies.