Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Motorcycle Insurance
  • Sparky77
    Free Member

Looking to renew my motorcycle insurance, but getting a Triumph Sprint ST instead of my SV650. Anyone had any particuarly good deals recently?

I’ve got 4 years NC and been riding for 5, currently getting around £200 TPFT.

kilo

bennets were a bit cheaper than carole nash last time I renewed, they also knocked a tenner of when I just asked can you knock anything off in a throwaway comment

grim168
    Free Member

motorcycle news do an internet compare service.

superfli
    Free Member

They all differ, whats good for one person isnt very good for another. I would ring them though as I’ve often found that online prices can be beaten when you ring them up.

Northwind

Carole Nash were the most consistently good for me- not just price but service. Good breakdown cover too (they use a load of independants rather than messing around with nationals, which means no more being sent an RAC van with a man who knows nowt about motorbikes, who turns up, says “I know nowt about motorbikes, but I can’t tow you so I’ll need to order a relay” then leaves. Instead you get a local feller who says “Motorbike eh, I know nowt about motorbikes, but I’ve got a bit of independant action so I’ll take the trailer”)

Ticklinjock

Aviva here, via Bennets.

Did the Bennets online quote.

Kato

Hastings Direct insure my Hornet for £120 a year comp

monogramman
    Free Member

Use bikeinsurer, its like go compare/confused.com It has always got me the cheapest quotes.

Currently with MCE paying just over £100.

br
    Free Member

MCE were cheapest for me, on a Sprint GT.

weeksy

Wicked Quotes at the moment.

Ebike have been my staple for AGES…

hs125
    Free Member

Hastings.
    Stayed with them as they lowered my premium this year, and were best on a comparison site. Ticking TPFT rather than fully comp made hardly any difference, so worth checking.

bluered
    Free Member

Try to search on the web which motorcycle insurance company will best suites your needs and which has full coverage and cheaper rates.

anagallis_arvensis

Wivked quotes for me to.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seriously, try the price comparison sites! And Quidco for cashback too!
    We thought we’d hit rock bottom on our Vespa GT 200 at just over £100 but mrs PP got that down to £73-ish with £20 Quidco cashback!
    Elephant.co.uk seem to have a lot of motorcycle insurance options. Try them. 🙂

br
    Free Member

also look at a comp quote, might not be any dearer

tomaso
    Free Member

You can get cheaper than carole nash but if you actually have to claim then you can’t get better than carole nash for resolving problems fuss free.

turboferret

I’ve been with Carole Nash for years, possibly not the cheapest but have used the break-down service a couple of times, and they have a great reputation for actually sorting out claims, so I’ve stayed loyal.

Cheers, Rich

failedengineer

I alternate between MCE and Carole Nash. MCE doesn’t include breakdown, but you can get more comprehensive cover than Carole Nash’s included one for about £30 IIRC. My 1050 Speed Triple is £150 or so, comprehensive. But I am very, very old.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Worth asking if your price includes legal cover as it usually does and its an optional extra that I always ask them to take off.

Also make sure you check the policy thoroughly, when mine came through from wicked quotes this year the way they managed to beat my best quote was to take commuting cover off the policy but not bother to tell me!

weeksy

You can get cheaper than carole nash but if you actually have to claim then you can’t get better than carole nash for resolving problems fuss free.

How many other companies have you claimed with ?

I’ve claimed with Ebike and had a new bike after a theft within 4 weeks.
    I’ve claimed with Wicked quotes and my bike was being repaired withing 14 hours of crashing.

failedengineer

My last bike was a Sprint ST. Great bike, but I didn’t need the touring ability really. Quite light on it’s feet for a big girl,though. I like Triumphs, me. I’m on my 4th in a row. That 1050 engine is amazing.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle Insurance’ is closed to new replies.