Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mostly OT – interested in The Munros?
  • druidh
    Free Member
    stuartie_c
    Free Member

Thanks for heads-up Druidh.

Did you know that there's one less nowadays?

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – but since I've done it anyways it's no loss. One less Corbett to do I suppose…..

NZCol

Ah I thought it was the return of the Munro show which in my personal opinion was the best TV show ever on TV !

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Not the one with that screeching harpie Muriel Gray, surely Col?

druidh
    Free Member

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Lordy! 😯

I forgot about the venerable Sorley MacLean, though.

Innes
    Free Member

That brought back good memories.

I'm not sure about doing that ridge though, I think I would be one of those with the brown pants!

druidh
    Free Member

There are a couple of moves which made me pause and think of the consequences. There's nothing terribly technical, just the exposure. Check out the wee rock falling down when she starts off Am Bodach….

NZCol

S_c : Oh yes the very one, for some reason I am a fan. It was a defining period of my life when i saw it and it cemented my interest in the hills !

Was in the Cluanie Inn last July , raining as usual, wife and I got some nice drams and departed to our 4 poster with a selection of Munro shows on VHS 🙂 Great night …weird to some i would expect.

DickBarton

Ah, twas a great series…shame it ended…was a bit tongue-in-cheek…and that intro music was just daft! I can't YouTube at work but will be watching that link tonight at home…shame they don't do something similar, Gray was a right weirdo but the footage was really stunning.

druidh
    Free Member

Inspirational show. The number of "compleatists" each year has now peaked, probably as those so inspired have now done their round.

That reminds me……

donald
    Free Member

Not the one with that screeching harpie Muriel Gray

I think she described herself as a "spindle-shanked, bottle-blond harpie" if I remember correctly.

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

Love the Aonach Eagach video as well – must do it one day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mostly OT – interested in The Munros?’ is closed to new replies.