Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • morzine – regular riders?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

now that the snow has pretty much gone, am getting back onto the mtb. having arrived just before the snow, i don’t know any trails here…

heard a rumor that a group went out monday mornings from doorstep ski (?), but when i enquired, they said the previous people who did it had left.

are there any people going out regulary, trail (not DH) riding, who wouldn’t mind another person?

am not overly fit (at the mo), and not the greatest rider (but competent, i hope!), but i’m not too bad!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

bounce…

AdeC
    Free Member

Nothing specific to recommend i’m afraid.

I think the lifts open for MTBs in mid June. Until then maybe one of the shops has regular ride-outs.

How’s your French? I reckon the guys who maintain the trails would appreciate an extra pair of hands (assuming you can operate a shovel). They’d know plenty of trails that can be ridden without the use of a lift.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

yeah, we’re looking at early mid june for the lifts – they were removing the cars from super-morzine today…

Until then maybe one of the shops has regular ride-outs

this is what i was hoping to find, but no luck so far… will go and ask around again soon though – theyre starting to stock bike parts now.

mon francais est ca-va, mais pas bien…! (and i don’t have a french keyboard 😉 ) wouldn’t know where to start finding trail builders, but will try to look into it too i think!

phil.w
    Free Member

for route ideas get the equvilent of an OS map and with a bit of exploring you should be able to find these routes….

try heading up Mont Chery then head right from the bottom of TS Grande Ourse. You can take a trail here round to La Cote d’Arbroz then head down through the woods into Essert Romand.

another…

out of Montriond up to the Lac and then up again to Lindarets & Avoriaz return to Morzine via Super Morzine.

they’ll get you fit too 🙂

mountainman123
    Free Member

be aware tha the lifts open at diffrent times over a period of about 3 weeks in Morzine and Les Gets

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks phil – will look for those.

aye, am sure i’ll work out the lift schedule, know a fair number of ppl here really.

nickf
    Free Member

Thing about Morzine that always got to me before they did the lift-assist was the hours of dull fire-road climbing.

The road climb to Avoriaz isn’t so bad – I’ve had to do that a couple of times when the lifts have been closed (rain and lightning) and then you can drop from there to a number of good descents, ending up at Lac Montriond, then the off-road flattish trail from there to the centre of Morzine.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

not too fussed by fire road climbs, quite used to them! and yeah, did the road to avoriaz yesterday, which was ok. there’s a nice trail from lac du montriond, with a few rather cheeky bits on which i found on saturday (not the doubletrack on the right of the river), which will be a regular loop of mine i think (live in montriond).

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

We (Me with my “Torico Morzine” hat on) left the doorstepskis shop because it’s winter 🙂 not much point in a bike shop in the winter (perhaps a small point in having one this winter, but that’s not really normal). We’re re-opening near Bar Robinsons this summer – June 11th.

We’ve been riding around Morzine, St Jean d’Aulps, Samoens and Saleve this winter so far. I know people who’ve been riding downhill in Bex + Dorenaz etc recently as well.

And we’re sure to be heading out a fair bit between now and lift opening as well – get in touch – hello@toricomorzine.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘morzine – regular riders?’ is closed to new replies.