Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Morzine 2009!!! Can’t wait!!!
  • Stevie-G
    Free Member

So going to morzine on the 20th july for a week. Went last year for the first time and loved it. Has anything changed since last year?? I’m hoping to go to chatel how easy to get there from Morzine?? Anyone else going at the same time….

Kramer
    Free Member

I’m out there from Saturday. 😀

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Cool you been there before? are you flying…

Kramer
    Free Member

Never been before. Going on my Jack, but got a few friends who’ll be out at the same time before going to the Megavalanche. Flying with my bike, works out about the same as driving from up here.

sheldona
    Free Member

We’re driving down Friday for a week 🙂

Canny wait!!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We’re going out Saturday too!

Les Gets.

2nd time there.

Been excited for weeks!

Sleezyjet from Liverpool 7am 😥

MussEd
    Free Member

Three lifts from Morzine to Chatel if memory serves. Very easy and well worth it.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Thanks MussEd didn’t try going over last year but was told it would be worth it…

Kramer
    Free Member

Is the gentler lift served riding over in Les Gets? Is it clearly signposted?

neil853
    Free Member

i’m out on the 12th! can’t wait. haven’t been for about 7 years but its going to be the highlight of the year, driving down to which is always good crack

mandog

off on saturday

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Singletrackworld “MEET YOU IN MORZINE” then anyone?

the_lecht_rocks

it’s hot out here…..42 deg c at toulouse airport yesterday !

Diane
    Free Member

Me on Saturday too 😀

yoshimi

I head out on Thurday morning 7am on EasyJet for a week 😆

DrP

Just came back from 5 rocking days doing the PdS – had a fantastic time!

Weather was hotter last week, cooled a bit for the weekend, then seems to be hotting up again!

Enjoy!

DrP

MRanger156
    Free Member

I’ll be there from sat too.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

So i’ll be taking my Yeti ASX out there how about everyone else??? Is everyone DH riders or just all rounders like myself??

neil853
    Free Member

i’m taking my scott ransom, so a similar thing. most if not all of my riding will be lift assisted but i’m going to use them to go further a field. got the bikefax book that has loads of good routes in.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

So you’d be the man who would be able to tell me how exactley to get from Morzine to Chatel????

neil853
    Free Member

i’m sure the book has something in there that you can link together, i remember someting about routes in the chatel valley but i guess you’d have to link several routes together?

when are you going?

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Going on the 20th july so not long now!!!

neil853
    Free Member

you’ll be going as i’m coming back! i can’t wait either, just looking forward to sometime to relax as well, job i’ve got is hectic as sometime to ride, have some beers with mates is just what i’m after!

you driving or flying? we’re driving down

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I am off on the 13 August, can’t wait! It will be my first time. We are driving down.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Drinking, Riding and chilling sounds great to me aswell!!! we’re flying this year but drove down last year. Might have drove but only 2 of us going this time and it’s a fair old drive!! Having said that is was a good crack driving. I’m just hoping Easyjet aren’t going to rape us for flying with our bikes??

neil853
    Free Member

yeah that was one of my fears as well. i’ve been once before an we drove down then too, as you say its good crack. euro’s a bit shit though eh?!

MussEd
    Free Member

Take the Super Morzine lift, then the Zorre chairlift, follow signs for descent to Les Lindarets, then take the Chaux Fleurie chairlift and you’re basically at the top of Chatel bike park. From here there are loads of routes down.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Cheers MussEd……

Ambrose

Arriving on 2 Aug for 16 nights. Already arranged to ride with a couple met here on the forum. $th time out now, getting better and better.

The bikefax book is good, but the VTopo one is betterer. Written in comedy translated englais, but LOADS more routes, huge variety and decent maps.

Kramer
    Free Member

I’m guessing I’ll be able to get the Vtopo guide in resort?

vanilla83
    Free Member

Just got back from riding in Chamonix and Morzine.

Mountains:

Riding:

(this guy was riding around 15ft deep berm at some stupid angle whilst doing this for the camera. I was upside down with my head over the lip of the berm taking the photo)

steveh

Muss-ed has told you how to get to the chatel bike park which is in fact in pre la joux. Chatel itself has a couple of dh trails and is reached from the bottom of the bike park by bus. The bus stops for lunch though so check times before you head out there. First Super morzine lift and a direct run will have you comfortably on the bus from memory.

The chatel bike park has a load of trails of different grades and is pretty good. The tracks over at les crosets are worth a visit too and you get to have the fun of the puncture alley or gr5 return that way too.

The trails outside of les gets/morzine themselves require a little pedalling to reach (and i do mean a little) but are a lot quieter for it, a good weekend choice when morzine can be heaving.

Les gets and morzine both have new trails for this year, it’s difficult to grade trails by resort as all tend to have a mix. reds are fine and most of the blacks will be too.

have fun, i’m out there for a week in august.

Gary_C

A few of us out there for a week at end of July.
    Last went out there in 2007,took the d/h bike,this year though taking more of an ‘xc’orientated machine.
    Tommorrow is 1st July,so counting down the days to departure… 😀

DrP

Some pics from our trip…
    DrP

Kramer
    Free Member

Can you get English language trail guides in resort? Amazon have really let me down.

txr301
    Free Member

Me and two mates are leaving on Saturday morning and driving down, plan to get there Saturday night. Can’t wait! Never been before and am terriblly excited.

Ambrose

The Vtopo guide is available, in ‘english’ in Morzine. Saw it in a couple of the bike shops last year. ‘Twinner’ def had it in stock, right by the till.

Sugar2
    Free Member

Been going to Morzine for 10 years now (had V brakes the first year, what fun!), out again on 22nd for a few weeks, love it. More All Mountain these days with big XC rides and big downhills . Try to stay away from the downhill courses these days , with people on a conveyer belt all day long on the same course, have to say they are fun but how boring? S’pose what ever floats your boat.

Andy

Another recommendation for the Vtopo guide here. Out with DrP, peterpoddy and olderthandirt last week we rode two routes from the book and they were both excellent. Particularly recommend the rooty descent from the Chappel de Jacquicourt!

endlessride
    Free Member

Vtopo is definitely your best option. The Tourist Office in Morzine have produced a free guide too this year, featuring pictures from endlessride, flowMTB and Chipps amongst others.

We don’t mind if you want to drop in to endlessride, bring an IGN map and a highlighter and we’ll mark up come trails for you.

There have been loads of improvements to the DH/Freeride trails in the Morzine/Les Gets area, some musings from me here, and a link to the online version of the free guide.

http://www.ridemorzine.org/2009/07/what-a-great-3-hrs/

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Morzine 2009!!! Can’t wait!!!’ is closed to new replies.