Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Moral Dilemma – where does it all stop?
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Currently, the US and now the UK governments are chasing Libya for compensation for those killed or injured by the IRA, whose SEMTEX was supplied by the Libya.

Does this mean that victims can also chase the US for compensation because the SEMTEX was bought with funds provided by NORAID?

Could all get very interesting to see how far this goes back!!!

iDave
    Free Member

And I wonder how many UK Govt supplied weapons have killed innocents abroad? Didn't we supply Saddam? Indonesia? Saudi Arabia?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

It's all pointless. Best idea is truth and reconciliation.

grievoustim
    Free Member

agreed – I have no doubt that large quantities of UK and US supplied/ manufactured arms have made their way into the wrong hands

just seems like a cynical attempt to get public favour back after the whole compassionate release thing – "look we are tough on Libya, we are"

donald
    Free Member

Are we going to recompense West Africa for slavery then?

Leku
    Free Member

Why not sue Gerry Adams or Martin McGuinness for ordering the killings…

Bombs don't kill people, bombers do.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Are the Italians going to recompense the UK for taking slaves in Roman times?

What about the Scandnavians? They've a few quid kicking about I'm sure which the Vikings had a hand in stealing from us.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Are we going to recompense West Africa for slavery then?

Just as soon as the North and East African tribes stump up their compo for starting the whole business.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It is difficult to see why the people who supplied explosives should be pursued years after the explosions, when the people who decided to set off the explosions have largely been integrated into mainstream politics as this is the best possible way of preventing further explosions.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

BD – interesting point bearing in mind the broohaha going off on R5 this morning about how the BNP should not be allowed to sit on QT because the IRA were not allowed to do so during their bombing and shooting campaigns – but I am struggling to see the parallel in that argument.

I think your proposition works equally as well with organisations such as the BNP bringing them inside and and reforming reduces their impact – where is Militant now?

soobalias
    Free Member

i notice no stw regulars want to open the nazi gold issue!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Moral Dilemma – where does it all stop?’ is closed to new replies.