Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Mods required please, nasty little tyke alert
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Can someone check the classifieds on TOM (taka)’s thread please, we have a nasty little bully who thinks it’s funny to dish out abuse

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Where is this “abuse” and use the “report post” if its wrong – like i did with yours!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

btw – moderator@singletrackworld.com

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Its ok – i have told the mods where to look anyway tim

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d be more worried that Tom seems to be using 2 different usernames.

RR’s way with words maybe isn’t the best but he has a valid point. this frame has been fitted with and used with forks that could have caused structural failure.

Tom has also (in a round about way) said he doesn’t care if some one hurts them self because of this.

poor advertising and a typical case of everyone knowing their rights but not their responsibilities.

taka
    Free Member

1. ive been sold a frame which snapped in 2 when i rode it i didnt blame the person that sold me it i took it as using too hard

2.somthing was wrong with my account yesterday so i used my brothers…

why should i care of other peoples accsidents people crash all the time like me last sunday that was down to my pure stupidness not to a bike that isnt fit for purpose

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

2.somthing was wrong with my account yesterday so i used my brothers…

thats a banning right there

thepodge
    Free Member

why should i care of other peoples accsidents people crash all the time like me last sunday that was down to my pure stupidness not to a bike that isnt fit for purpose

problem is (besides the spelling) its not about people crashing all the time, its about the item you sold them causing a crash.

I’ve come off my bike loads of times but if its my own fault then its my problem, if its some one else’s fault I could take them to court and cause them and their family untold amounts of financial damage because it would be their fault.

shinsplints

Selling a bike that has been run with forks waaaay over the manufacturers specs is out of order IMO.Then saying “why should I care” is even more out of order.I’m beginning to feel like my dad & almost feel a “the youth of today” type statement coming on so I am going to resist.Luckily,most members on here read the posts in the classifieds & have reasonable memories so I am hoping they would give the frame a very wide berth.

dr_adams
    Free Member

Tom,
    I agree that some people will take a bike and expect it to do everything and then when it breaks they are to blame if they have pushed a bike way beyond its limits! however..

that was down to my pure stupidness not to a bike that isnt fit for purpose

If the bike has been damaged by the use of the wrong type of forks causing mechanical failure of the frame, people might not see this damage and then they might be using the bike for the purpose it is designed for and suffer a bad injury, this is a nice bike and it wouldn’t be unreasonable for you to attempt a black trail on it and the thought of something going wrong is not a good one. I assume you would be out of pocket with this an that is a concern! but it would be better if you were to give a bit of history on this, you don’t have to tbh you could sell on ebay without any of this but then again i trust people on this forum (who knows why i don’t really know you all) and i think that this is maybe abusing such trust? given i know there are members who have given you help in the past.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Tom, you need to think about what you say before you post it. Its very easy for things to be taken the wrong way.

Honesty is the best policy when selling bike kit- I thought you would have learned that from the cut and shut Santa Cruz you tried to sell..

bomberman
    Free Member

so what if it’s been run with 160’s on for 2 weeks? hardly going to make much difference is it? come on guys get real. there’s no excuse for racing_ralph to talk to tom the way that he did on his classifieds thread. that counts as bullying in my book and this smells a lot like a witch hunt to me.

bomberman
    Free Member

where has the thread gone?

druidh
    Free Member

Tom – should I have a word with your mother? I’ve been meaning to anyway over another matter….

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Pulls up chair…

scaredypants

LOL, generally

bomberman,
    I’d assume the mods have been at the thread, esp if you complained about the content.
    I have to say, I’d not want a frame if it was advertised as “Orange Five – I got it it a couple of weeks ago but previously had been run in peaks with a Monster T fork”

… and what was the cut&shut santa cruz? – was it just before the hacking last year

shinsplints

It was a Heckler that young Thomas had at the time – IIRC it had been “welded” on the top tube.Tom (taka) has had more frames on here than Specsavers !

Smee
    Free Member

Play nice.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I think the original jist of this thread has gone, after the mods removed whatever racing_ralph posted. He does seem to like winding people up, to put it politely!

scaredypants

ahh, yeah “strengthened” IIRC – I was thinking of one that was bought & resold with a (filled-in?) dent

bomberman
    Free Member

Right, you can join racing_ralph on the Banned list too – Mod

Jimmer
    Free Member

Bit much that mate….

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I was online earlier and i never saw that comment bomberman

druidh
    Free Member

Shite isn’t an OK word to use then?

{Correct – Mod}

hora
    Free Member

Confused from Manchester here. What is going on here? 😐

rogerthecat
    Free Member

teddies and prams everywhere, it’s utter carnage

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mods required please, nasty little tyke alert’ is closed to new replies.