Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mobile phone shopping Qs
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My contract is up on my Desire, which does what I need tho a bigger screen and more speed would be nice though not worth paying much for.I’m not a heavy user (bar data some months), is there much I can get that will be significantly better, on a budget of say £15?

Other option is root the phone (eek!) and go sim-only – giffgaff seem OK?

properbikeco
    Free Member

get an orange san diego – around £100

root it then after 3 months pay orange £20 to unlock

job done

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK so I did some homework. San Diego looks good but no Sd card.

Galaxy S2 for £210-£30 quidco plus a Virgin sim-only for £10pcm seems like the best deal: £410 over 24 months (vs £624 offered for lesser deal from orange retentions!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

I went for the SD. Looks like you can **** around and get a SD card to work. Screen is really good, lack of LED indicator and (theoretically) non-user-replaceable battery, and its life, less so.

Happy so far.

ojom
    Free Member

pics?

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK

deviant
    Free Member

Just ordered my new phone too, the other half is getting my HTC One-S and I’m going retro with a Samsung Galaxy S2 (very 2011!)…they are a good phone with a great screen and Samsung do an official 2000 maH battery for it which I’ve also ordered.
    Toyed with the idea of the latest 5 inch screen phones with quad core processors but I don’t need that, in the same way I use a netbook instead of a laptop as I don’t need one of those either.

I’m slowly bringing my monthly outgoings down this year in the hope I can move house at some point.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was tempted to try an S2 but I like my sharp screen and let’s face it you can spend forever chasing the perfect phone.

I am amazed at what you can get for £100 PAYG with a £10-15 monthly payment these days though – no need at all for the leading edge stuff IMO – iphones etc look like an utter awste of money to me – like you that’s an issue.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

I upgraded from a desire to the Galaxy S2. It’s a great phone and very easy to root and remove network bloatware. The camera is excellent and you shouldn’t run into the low storage space issue that the desire suffered from.

joeyj
    Free Member

Currently using the Nokia N8 (wife did not like it so I was left with it). Camera is probably the best cam phone about and is quick if you upgrade to latest os. Three used to have it at about £15 pm with all you can eat data and you can tether it as a wifi hotspot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone shopping Qs’ is closed to new replies.