Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mobile Cycle Mechanic……
  • chewitt11
    Free Member

Hi All,

Just playing with ideas, have constructed a site can you please take a look and give me your feedback and ideas ….

Prices and things really.

Thanks loads

Chewitt11

http://www.swbikemedic.co.uk

ojom
    Free Member

Decide on I or We and make it consistent.

Couple of spelling things but they are easy to solve.

From experience with websites, people don’t read a whole lot. Condense as much as you can.
    What do you do, what will it cost. Nice and quick readability helps tons.

On that note, we have some work to do too….

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Chewitt – welcome to the forum.

I think it’s nearly there. Get a photo of yourself on the home page – standing by van, riding the bike or something your customers will click with.

There is too much text. Page under construction stuff etc..you know the rest..

Wont comment on price. And you know that on here – those links are classed as spam and may well be removed – no matter how well intentioned you may be. You still got a chance (9 more mins to edit your post) to cut it down to one link – that might look a bit better.

Oh- and the very best of luck with your enterprise.

MrNutt
    Free Member

good luck on it, just don’t invent services such as the award winning “Frame Alignment” and other such wonders once briefly touted by someone, who was that chancer?

bruneep

PayPal or cash. Limiting your customer base with that.

chewitt11
    Free Member

Paypal allows credit card payments though….. even if you have not got a paypal account……

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

For a small local business – I think Cash or Paypal is fine. But the rest of that page is a bit waffly.

The other thing – I hope this isnt me hassling you – 80% of what you are selling with this type of work is : yourself – as a reliable nice trustworthy guy who knows what they’re doing.

It’s different to a bricks and mortar shop (like the great TBC!) – they have a different marketing objective.

So – you dont mention your name hardly / at all. Even on the contact page – I dont know who to ask for if I phone you.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Hi Chewitt11,

Not a bad wedsite, just having trouble see you services list not loading.

Also I see you must of done some homework looking at other website sites. (I know I did)

Your website;
    “With a well kitted out workshop that can travel, our bicycle mechanic has most things covered from servicing to repairs. I offer cycle servicing and one off jobs that you might need doing. I am happy to fit parts supplied by you or I can provide them for you. I can travel to your home or work, and carry out most repairs/jobs on site. For some of the bigger services your bicycle may need to go back to the workshop, don’t worry though as your pride and joy will be well cared for.”

Mine
    “With a well kitted out workshop that can travel, FTR has most things covered from servicing to repairs. We offer cycle servicing and one off jobs that you might need doing. We are happy to fit parts supplied by you or we can provide them ourselfs. We can travel to your home or work, and carry out most repairs/jobs on site. For some of the bigger services we may need to go back to the workshop, don’t worry though as your pride and joy will be well cared for.”

glad to be of help 😉 🙂

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfzm9dfqBw[/video]

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Good find there DRac.

IHN

The language is a bit all over the place and there are grammar issues. Sounds like STW pedantry, but if you want to put over a professional image then it’s stuff that needs to be addressed.

If you don’t have the written communication skills to sort it (and that’s not a dig, people have different strengths and skills) then it might be an idea to find someone who does to take a look at it for you. Whether that’s free or professional help is up to you, but if you’re starting a business then it might be a setup cost that you have to swallow.

Happy to discuss further, feel free to drop me a line.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

The 10-15 miles coverage sounds quite limited for a mobile mechanic – my journey to work is 17 miles each way everyday. If it’s SW I suggest you should attempt to cover as much of it as possible within reason.

Your copy is a bit all over the place, words missing on the map text, your opening line not quite making sense, personally i’d take the site down until you get these issues sorted as it could reflect quite badly on you and the service you may provide.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Cycle Mechanic……’ is closed to new replies.