Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • mobile broadband payg packages
  • smudge
    Free Member

I am looking for a short term (3 months) hence PAYG mobile broadband package for my laptop whilst I am not at home.

I have heard 3 are pretty good, but as allways rely on stw for their comments before I commit to anything 8)

It wont be used for much heavy work, just emails and surfing.

Thanks in advance

Smudge

Cletus

Three are good in my experience.

I would look at their MiFi device – a standalone router which connects to 3G and which you connect your laptop to using WiFi.

This works far better than USB dongles which precariously dangle from the side of your laptop.

For £72 you can get a MiFi loaded with 3GB of data that is valid for 3 months.

Once it runs out you can either top up or Ebay the MiFi and get around £40 for it.

geoffj

Check you can’t add something to your phone package to use it as a wireless hotspot. Some Android and iPhones have the capability to do it, but you would need to check your contract if you can enable it on your phone and what the costs will be.

I do this with an iPhone, but used to have a 3 USB dongle, which I was very pleased with. The MiFi kit is supposed to be good.

Just dont go for a Vodafone one is all I can offer to this thread. 3G coverage is utter shite and website to top up is the slowest, clunkiest, nasty piece of crud I’ve ever had the misfortune to use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘mobile broadband payg packages’ is closed to new replies.