Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Midlife crisis bikes !!
  • trailertrash

It had too much travel, was too light(?) or was too expensive and it didn’t get the use it deserved (or maybe it did?). You were over-biked in one sense or another.

Photos essential!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Bought after a trip to Morzine. Used once. Stared at for 12 months, then broken up & sold. Now I mince about on a hardtail 29er where I belong.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

wwaswas

I’m beginning to think my singlespeed mtbs may be my mid-life crisis bikes.

Trying to prove to myself I’ve still ‘got it’ physically and searching for a riding purity that, frankly, I’d probably be better off using a road bike with gears to achieve.

singlecrack
    Free Member

pedalhead…..I think thats a typical knee-jerk reaction that most of us do when we come back from the Alps. 😀

oh and I also mince around on a 29er ht …… 8)

trailertrash

you’ve still got it wwaswas, YOU’VE STILL GOT IT!!!!

trailertrash

@pedalhead – nice bike though! I’d have done the same…

pedalhead
    Free Member

pedalhead…..I think thats a typical knee-jerk reaction that most of us do when we come back from the Alps.

oh and I also mince around on a 29er ht ……

heh, yep! The Uzzi was great fun while it lasted (briefly!), but I quickly realised there were bugger all suitable trails anywhere near me to ride it on. Lost an eye-watering amount of money on it too…doh.

wwaswas

you’ve still got it wwaswas

Sometimes I think I never really had it – I’m trying to attain something that exists only in my head.

I’m probably fitter at 45 than I was at 20, which is probably a good thing.

tom84
    Free Member

look at this guy, phew! i feel old just looking at that bike…

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12784202

(sorry if this is any of you)

Trimix
    Free Member

Pedalhead – you are not old enough to have a mid life crisis. I would have bought that bike off you.

Make us all feel smug and tell us how much money you lost on it 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

ah I knew I should have kept it until you were back from the Alps! Let’s just say I could have bought a Ti 29er frame with the money I lost 🙄

Trimix
    Free Member

Ouch – well next time I go to the Alps I will think of you. Oh, by the way, I remember you gave me the tyres – I will give you some money for them next time I see you.

I was pretty glad I had the Covert out there. It did make sence and justified itself well. I can continue to live with the one bike policy now.

pedalhead
    Free Member

oh well done I’d forgotten about that :-). Scraping pennies together for the TD fund at the moment so anything appreciated!

Trimix
    Free Member

Well you still have the Blur dont you ? You could sell that.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yup seriously considering it

avdave2

One of these 2, I think I’m middle aged enough to get away with it. I’d need to get a pair of crocheted leather mitts as well and a nice Carradice saddlebag.

Rickos
    Free Member

Used once, maybe twice. Still have the frame if anyone’s interested…

Cannondale Gemini DH by Rick T., on Flickr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Midlife crisis bikes !!’ is closed to new replies.