Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Middleburn integrated crankset.
  • Gruenermoench
    Free Member

Middleburn said in an email that they will be unveiling their new integrated crankset at Eurobike in September. Has anyone heard anything about this crankset?

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Finally…
    I was waiting for the integrated crankset for ages. If the craftmanship equals to their current products, I will surely be on my shopping list in 2010.

Hairychested
    Free Member

And in plain old English?

18bikes

matt's chatted about this for what seems like aaages. last i heard he was close to go on production- just struggling with machine time as other products are popular – hopefully that means a launch, with product available very close to that…

nickc

And in plain old English?

Crankset that works with external BB's

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thanks Nick. Bring them on!

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

I have no doubt that the crank arms and rings will be top notch, it'd be such a shame if the bottom bracket is crap. Therefore I hope that Middleburn have the sense to use decent bearings ala Hope / CK.

Unfortunately for whatever reason it wasn't on show at Eurobike. Has anyone else heard anything?

rolfharris
    Free Member

"And in plain old English?

Crankset that works with external BB's "

Wow! The hot new product for 2002!

Brother_Will
    Free Member

About time, have they been holding them up because theyre finishing off the hubs? 😉

rob1984p
    Free Member

surely they will make their own bb and use the finest skf bearing they can justify?

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

Has anyone heard anything new from Middleburn? The last I heard was that there were a couple of prototypes in circulation, but that was back in September….

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

The arms will be come in black and silver, and the spider in a choice of 4 colours.Should be available in a couple of weeks.

tangent
    Free Member

really!…have run Middleburns since BITD…but am about to install some XTRs for the upcoming season…would be delighted if this was true!
    Is that a picture of the proto versions of said EBB compatible cranks?…

Hopefully existing middleburn spiders can be interchanged as well?

allankelly

Oh great. Middleburns that wear out after a few rides.

Once again: What is wrong with square taper? I moved back after years of ISIS/external BB rip-off money down the drain. Sq taper is just great.

And there's a bolt in the middle of the drive-side crank there. Every other manufacturer has the bolt on the LHS don't they? So again, why? Or is this an axle with bolts on both sides? So, double the Truvativ problems. Shimano uses a pinch bolt. Yes. Correct. Bearings are still cheese though.

al.

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

The picture is of a prototype. The production model will use a spider but I have no idea how the arm will be fitted to the axle. The set will come without a bottom bracket, so it will be up to the purchaser to buy their own bottom bracket.

lyons
    Free Member

alan kelly- people dont like sqaure taper bottom bracket because they break. I dont mean wear out, as in , for me when i did a 5ft drop and both pedals ended up below the bottom bracket….

Reluctant
    Free Member

Over size (Octalink/ISIS) bbs came about at a time when a lot of people were snapping ST bbs, as the freeride/dh thing kicked in. ISIS has proved to be b0ll0cks, Octalink was quickly surpassed by HT11 type systems. HT11 is universal, easy to fit, light, stiff and despite what some say, bearing life is now perfectly acceptable.
    Back in the day, I once got 5 weeks out of an LX st bb before it developed play. Used to get about a year out of an XT st. I'm approaching 2 years from my current XT HT11 bb – what's not to like?

benjag
    Free Member

AK, race face atlas have the axle attached to the LH arm and bolt on the drive side.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn integrated crankset.’ is closed to new replies.