• This topic has 92 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Mid-life crisis? Anyone had one?
  • Woody
    Free Member

Cyclelife

Good man!

Same age as me and this was mine which I sold last year but summer is coming up and ………… 🙂

nickc

Pretty much reads like a bunch of self-obsessed aerosols to me…

Woody
    Free Member

Nickc

You sound like a fun guy……. or girl ? 🙄

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Only 33… but in the last year I have been through the ringer. Got all very messy and so I went out and booked the CBT, Theory, Test – bought an old TDM 850 and ran around on that at the end of summer. Life got better, then went a whole lot worse in December (properly bad – about as bad as it can go badly to be honest), so when the dust was starting to settle I went out and bought a Triumph Speed Triple 😉

I don’t think it was a mid life crisis… I plan to live longer than my mid 60’s… so I have that fun to come yet!

Bring on the dancing girls, that’s what I say 😉

LostJohnny
    Free Member

…and on a cheery note,

“And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking
    And racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in the relative way, but youre older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
    Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way
    The time is gone, the song is over, thought Id something more to say”

Kind of hits the mark in a miserable way, but does have one of the best guitar solo’s evo! And I should know, I’ve been listening to it for the best part of thirty-four years!!!! 😯

Cheers,

LJ. 😉

hora
    Free Member

binners, have a sex change? however, trust me on this I wouldn’t letch at you 😆

cyclelife
    Free Member

Woody,

Looking forward to the test (7th April) just bought a 14 year old GPZ 500s to cut my teeth on for a while after the test – then fancy a sports tourer of some description (only 5′ 8″ so a bit limited)to tour/camp etc.

STW old F@rts motor cycle meet anyone?

cinnamon_girl

So … guys … is this a male only thing?

Just curious, can’t see any girlies having replied.

johnhoo
    Free Member

from age 15-25 I was in a number of rock bands. some crap, some not so crap. The last one I was in, we thought we could make it. then we fell out over money & recording sessions, and I quit the band & didn’t play again.

for 18 years…

however, at the age of 43 (last summer) I started putting a new band together.
    “just for fun, right?”

well it’s still fun, but now we’re talking about recording 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

And what is classed as middle age now……40, 50, 60 ?

I am 35 this year and at the moment am feeling distinctly odd about it all – I wouldn’t say I’ve got as far as a mid life crisis yet, but am definitely feeling a bit wibbly about fear of approaching middle age.

so I had a chat with my dad about it the other week. He told me that I was not at all approaching middle age, I can’t be because he hadn’t reached it yet. Middle age is apparently always 10 years older than he is currently. So, at the moment, middle age is 85. I’ve plenty of time left 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

mrsflash

I think your dad has the right idea, too many people are old waaaaay before their time 😉

hora
    Free Member

So … guys … is this a male only thing?

GF’s sister. Been with her fella for 8yrs. Recently told me that she wanted some ‘me time’ for once (WTF?). She admitted her fella is her soulmate but she felt unfulfilled etc.

hora
    Free Member

I was on the verge of buying a motorbike. After what I’ve just witnessed though I can firmly say no **** way. 🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Mid-life crisis? Anyone had one?’ is closed to new replies.