Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Met Parachute
  • fairhurst
    Free Member

Anyone own one of these beauties?

They look like a fine investment for xc jaunt’s so as not to damage my face as i take on some of the trail centre sections.

sizing pics etc

thank you.

timmys

pics

fairhurst
    Free Member

😯

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I’ve got one – saved my face on a few occasions (despite popular opinion on here that it won’t). I don’t over heat and it’s comfortable even on longer rides. I would recommend.

Brycey
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking you get the Five with CCDB, Audi A4 Avant, and elbow pads free with the Parachute; or is it just the standard Five Pro?

PS – I’m qualified to piss take as I’ve ticked a few of those boxes in the cliche stakes! 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking you get the Five with CCDB, Audi A4 Avant, and elbow pads free with the Parachute; or is it just the standard Five Pro?

😆

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Brycey – Member

If it does then I got ripped off! 👿

wrecker
    Free Member

Sounds like a nice set up that, brycey. Fair play to those who own such nice things.

Brycey
    Free Member

Yes, I’m very fond of my elbow pads.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

If you get one, I will make harsh character judgements from the other side of the trail centre car park..

fairhurst
    Free Member

well brycey do you have any pictures then?
    how do they size? comfortable?

I need to upgrade from my Trax helmet to something more substantial.

Brycey
    Free Member

Not got one I’m afraid.

jonke
    Free Member

so in summary – they work but you will be a social outcast.

So simple choice – teeth and no dental bill or singletrack website social acceptance?

I chose teeth – saved my face a couple of weeks ago when i landed on my face.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

All the guys I know who wear Met Parachutes are w******s silly helmet for silly people 🙂

ltheisinger
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member

All the guys I know who wear Met Parachutes are w******s silly helmet for silly people

All the silly people I know end up doing the ironing when they are bored, whilst the rest of us w*****s are down the pub having a beer! 🙄

nasher
    Free Member

urge archi-enduro

great helmet

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Touchy as well 😛

ltheisinger
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member

Touchy as well

😆

dasnut
    Free Member

Gaffa tape lolly sticks (the ones with jokes on are best) to your cheeks for the same effect

fairhurst
    Free Member

hmmm i don’t understand what is the problem with them
    they look very practical and will do the job nicely.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

All the guys I know who wear Met Parachutes are w******s silly helmet for silly people

Oh bugger, thats me then! Anyway, here’s a photo of me wearing my Parrotshoot but not on a trail centre….

I’m awesome as well cos I can ride 2 bikes at once!

fairhurst
    Free Member

Anyway, here’s a photo of me wearing my Parrotshoot

where is the jaw piece?

i really don’t see what the problem is with these helmets,it’s not a fashion parade,its there to serve a purpose.

superfli
    Free Member

I have one, as it serves as a 3 in 1.
    Remove peak and chinguard – road bike helmet (not that I ride much on road, but did lejog type ride a while back)
    Remove chinguard, leave peak on – most of my riding
    Chinguard+peak – Trail centres and will be for Alps

I dont think it looks that bad/dont give a sh*t

Its not very comfy though, especially removing it with chinguard on. Pads inside are very thin as well.

Pleased with it.

stevemtb
    Free Member

My mate bought one after he saw me have probably my worst crash and skid about 3 feet along the trail on the chin guard of mine. Wasn’t a straight on impact but it did stop my face dragging along the trail. Thought I’d ripped most of the skin off from how it felt but there wasn’t a scratch and I rode off the hill.

Wouldn’t like to take a front on hit on it but if it was a choice of that or my chin I know what I’d choose.

Not wearing it much now though, normal lid for xc, full face for DH so it tends to be Inners push ups or GT freeride if anything.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

where is the jaw piece?
    It was in the car, didn’t think I needed it on a steady XC ride.
    It’s as comfy as my Spesh lid but the pads are pretty sorry in the Parachute now!

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have one. Chin guard is flimsy and will only protect from branches etc it will not hold up in a proper crash. Although you may think it won’t be, the guard is rather claustrophobic. The helmet offers no rear head protection than normal xc lids which imo is more important.

If you want more protection then either go full face or one with more mullet like a 661 recon or Urge Enduromatic (my favorite).

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I has one 😀

Comfy, protective, airy, relatively light, hides my ugly mug…..all round good choice!

Except that they aren’t that resistant to being bounced….I have been through, erm, 4 or 5 now. Although I do have a habit of hitting the deck hard, I find that they tend to crack very easily. And the crash-replacement offer is barely worth it by the time you include postage.

jonke
    Free Member

Chin guard is flimsy and will only protect from branches etc

My god this is is a well trodden but of ground. So it will protect better than a normal helmet but not as well as a full face. Its just shades of grey. No armour is 100% effective. But the met is probably a pretty good trade off if you can get past the looks.

I love there are 2 groups of people on here:

the first group have “get the Five with CCDB, Audi A4 Avant, and elbow pads free with the Parachute” and get mocked for thinking they are dogs nuts.

The second group just think they are the dogs nuts.

falkirk-mark

And me the third group that thinks if you are not that good looking you probably would not bother with one.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Yeah they’re good, saved my ugly mug once or twice. Couldn’t source one in massive swellhead size the last time I smashed the chinguard up so went for a POC. Would definitely buy another though.

fairhurst
    Free Member

they look fine and dandy to me.

richc
    Free Member

Chin guard is flimsy and will only protect from branches etc it will not hold up in a proper crash.

Looks to hold up pretty well here to more than a branch strikes or is this not a proper faceplant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOqUcB9SciE

stumpy01

Mate of mine was saved from almost certain massive face scrapeage by a Met Parachute. I’ve never worn one, but he reckoned it was a good compromise.

I’d consider one if I was a bit more rad to the power of sik. But I’m not.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had one since 2009 & providing you accept it for what it is – a very well ventilated trail lid with a chinpiece – it’s absolutely fine. It might be a psychological prop but there are situations and circumstances where neither a trail lid or a ff would be appropriate.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Met Parachute’ is closed to new replies.