Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Merida Brass Monkeys Winter Series 2011/12
  • pants
    Free Member

As a way of a reminder, the website is live and the entries are coming in!!!!

All info @ Monkeys

Rnd 1 Porridgepot Hill

Rnd 2 Ash Ranges

Rnd 3 Hungry Hill

beej

How does it work with picking up bottles etc? Is there a pit area?

Do all riders have to finish after the cut off, or can they stop before and still count as finishers?

pants
    Free Member

We have NO real rules to the pit area as long as it is not any where near the Timing/Start/Finish area, but it will signed on the day for your area.

Technically you should all ride and can ride until your relevant cut off time for instant the 4Hr 3.59.59 you can go out again, you will all get a time no matter what happens!

Hope this helps?

beej

Yep, ta!

pants
    Free Member

The entries are coming in thick and fast be sure not to leave it to the last minute!

kilo

Right time to look an idiot. I’ve entered the two hour vets race (if i shake off an injury), fairly compotent off road, ok tester on tt’s good club rider on road so fitness will probably be ok. Plan; stay out of the way at start, try not to screw up other peoples race have fun trying to race. I presume given none of my bikes are xc race bikes giant trance, inbred alfine with mary bars or cannondale prophet go with usual ride (the giant), any other tips or things i need to know of a serious and relevant nature do you move for passing racers leave it up to them to get past etc etc?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Most racers will normally call out telling you which side they want to pass on say “rider right” means the guy or girl wants to pass on the right. If your not happy with where they want to pass you give them a clear instruction where you want to be passed. Most are pretty polite but there are some d1x out there..As for the start just hang at the back as the fast racers will be at the front. Youll soon find out how good you are compared to whats about you. Mind dont be surprised that if you are at the back the first lap is a bit slow & you may even end up waiting at some point..

Racings fun, enjoy!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

The Inbred Alfine could be a fine choice if the weather’s grim. Would have been a very suitable bike for Round 2 last year.

Remember that 2 hours is the cutoff time for starting your last lap, not for finishing. So if you cross the finish line just before 2 hours is up, you can do another lap, although you don’t have to if you don’t mind losing places. As a result you might be riding for anything up to 2h40 or 50, depending on how fast you are and how it pans out.

pants
    Free Member

Ha Ha Porridgepot has the Hills of all 3 Venues LoL

gee
    Free Member

All entered again 🙂 just hope my arm is mended…

pants
    Free Member

ROUND TWO VENUE CHANGE

Venue Change due to circumstances beyond our control as we have been outbid by Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (RMAS) for shooting reasons we have had to change to Tunnel Hill just over the road, don’t worry you will still get all the same level of service from the Brass Monkeys Team. The course will be aplenty with all the fun Singletrack along with some new stuff, so we look forward to seeing you at Tunnel Hill the old favourite.

pants
    Free Member

Not too long now for Round 1 now, the Course is set and ready! 😀

njee20
    Free Member

In a thoroughly uncharacteristic move I’ve pre-entered all of them, dunno what’s wrong with me. The week preceding the race just won’t be the same without the frenetic panic on Tuesday afternoon where I remember I’ve still not entered!

Now… to find some fitness.

singletrackmind

Did you race at the Gorrick Autumn round 2 Nick?
    Didnt see you , i had a bit of a shocker . Couple of tumbles and spaz moments and no burst energy so i slogged it out and finished at least ( 50 / 65 ) but 1 min faster a lap would have stuck me right in the middle of the feild.
    Just working too hard I think.
    Will miss the final rd i think as skiing , so vets 4 hr for me i think.

njee20
    Free Member

Nah didn’t do either of the Gorricks! Always enjoy the Brass Monkeys though – Pants does a good course. Let’s hope we have more of the frozen tracks and less of the mud-fests that they’re becoming known for!

gee
    Free Member

Ben rode the lap yesterday and apparently it’s riding really nicely.

DT78
    Free Member

I’ll be racing round 1. rd2 is after works xmas do so I’m going to have to be very dedicated….

Doesn’t appear to be any discount for prebooking all 3?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Rode the lap tonight and its still riding really nicely 🙂

pants
    Free Member

You get a special surprise for booking all 3 at the event 🙂

Mud fest Never, last year Nick.

The course is different from the last as your riding a few new bits and riding other bit back to front, Oh and I’ve added a new climb or two! 👿

gren
    Free Member

Am heading that way at lunchtime today. Must have a look around. Is there a map anywhere? Assume it starts by the green?

njee20
    Free Member

Mud fest Never, last year Nick.

You won’t fool me that easily Pants, I built my bike up the night before R2, was looking forward to the frozen snow covered trails, and then it rained. And rained. It’s never been the same since 🙂

offthebrakes
    Free Member

It didn’t really rain though Nick, it just all melted overnight. The amount of spray coming up from riding through rivers of meltwater felt a lot like rain though 🙂

All those hours spent a couple of days earlier smashing ice off the racing line with shovels, and we needn’t have bothered 🙁

Have you been back and ridden the course since though? Its been great all summer and still is!

njee20
    Free Member

No that’s probably true, although I’m sure it was raining on the start. The course remained rideable at least, that’s the biggest test.

DT78
    Free Member

You get a special surprise for booking all 3 at the event

They should state that somewhere I was going to book all 3 but as the price was exactly the same I didn’t bother…..

pants
    Free Member

DT78, a good point.

bushman008
    Free Member

has anyone got a gpx for round one course yet? I gather its different to last years – which was a good route

Clink

Can you change entry on day – e.g if I book for 4 hour can I change to 2 on the day?

pants
    Free Member

It’s still a great route! 🙂 you will be able to change Category’s on the day, just send a cursory email. Noooooo GPS route as we try to discourage this on MoD Land.

Not long now!!!! :mrgreen:

Clink

Cheers – I’m in!

DT78
    Free Member

I’m in for 4hrs. Say hi to a tired looking bloke on an Orange anthem!

pants
    Free Member

Heckle inbound!!!!!

theotherjonv

IIRC at the AYTE you promised concrete hill for the singlespeeders….

pants
    Free Member

The Cheeky Monkeys are ready for you! But are you ready for them!!!!!!!

Keep an eye on out for them as they might get you! 🙂

Alejandro
    Free Member

Any ideas on how the course is holding up now? Racing Ralphs okay or something more aggressive on the front?

gren
    Free Member

Was fine on Thursday but it rained a bit that night, not much but enough to keep those roots nice and glossy. The wind today seems to be drying things off nicely though.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Just back from putting out the mile markers. Its basically dry everywhere, but very slightly greasy in a few places. Some slippery leaves around, but the course is being blown again at the moment so they shouldn’t figure too much.

Forecast is showing a possibility of some light rain early tomorrow, so that could make a difference, but its not going to be a mudbath.

I’ll be using a Nobby Nic up front and a Ralph at the back, but then I tend to run that combo in the dry anyway.

Alejandro
    Free Member

Cheers. I’m just gonna chuck some Ralphs on and hope for the best, used them last year and have only gotten better since so hopefully I’ll be okay 😯

shortcut

Course is looking good. Have fun peeps!

pants
    Free Member

Yepp the cse will be fine and is great shape, I’m thinking NO rain so you all be flying round in 35 mins- 🙂

c_klein87

what an ace day! great event again guys well done =)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Merida Brass Monkeys Winter Series 2011/12’ is closed to new replies.