Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Memory map track onto Garmin Edge 305
  • paulwf

I have a track on Memory map that I want to put onto my edge, so I can use it like with the courses that you record directly onto the Edge.

I right clicked on the track and put send to GPS, and it comes up with the send window, but does it almost immediately.

How do I go about getting it onto the GPS?

Cheers
    Paul

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

save as a .gpx file then use Tracklogs (the new version is very well integrated with Garmin units) to save as a course NOT as a route or track

paulwf

Tracklogs won't install onto my PC at work 🙁

Can anyone suggest any other methods?

Cheers
    Paul

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

gpx2crs is the program you want – google will find it for you. It will convert the .gpx file as a .crs for you to upload. Then you'll find it in your triaining folder.

giantjason
    Free Member

i just get the gpx file and upload it directly to my 305. i then go into courses and it is there for me to follow.

i have never converted it to *crs and works fine.

shedfull
    Free Member

Did you hook the GPS up to the PC after you loaded MM? If so, unload and reload MM. Check thet the GPS setup is correct – MM should auto locate and configure the GPS but settings could have shifted.

Also, is the GPS connecting properly? My Forerunner can say it's charging but not accept a data connection if it's not seated in the cradle properly.

Lastly, if your route has too many waypoints, it might not upload but it will drop out with an error on the GPS display. I convert the route to a track and back to a route again and it seems to work then.

There's lots on MM's website for troubleshooting, too.

Cheers,

Ian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Memory map track onto Garmin Edge 305’ is closed to new replies.