Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Megaavalance pikie camping spots
  • teamjellybabies
    Free Member

Hello

we are off to the mega avalanche this year, but to keep costs down I’m wondering if anyone knows are pikie camping spots for the van and a tent, somewhere we can pull off the road were we won’t get into bother. I doesn’t have to be too near to town as we are planning on cooking ourselves.

Superficial
    Free Member

You can just park/camp under the main gondola in Alp D’Huez. Plenty of people do that and unless things have changed there’s no particular objection from any of the residents.

Having said that, you can rent an apartment for basically peanuts. I remember being fricking cold in a tent after sundown.

yatesy

theres no camping now under the gondola.there where campers parked up in the car park just down from the gondola station the last time i went 2 years a go. the camp site local arent over priced though a few euros a tent

cutsngrazes
    Free Member

anyone able to recommend an apartment? 3 beds and a kitchen 😉
    Also….Trek remedy or Santa Cruz nomad???

Brycey
    Free Member

Everyone was still camping under the gondola last year despite the claims it wasn’t going to be allowed, so I reckon you’ll be fine. Piscine in the town centre for washing…I mean swimming.

blueandwhiteblade
    Free Member

If anyone needs a lift to the 2012 Mega, please get in touch. I’ve got one or possibly two spaces in my car, travelling from Nottingham on Sat 14th or Sun 15th July and will return on Monday 28th to be back in time for work on Tuesday.

It’s supposed to be me and a mate going but his new job means he’s not certain if he can go. I’ve got plenty of room for 3 of us so can definitely take one more, possibly two if my mate can’t make it. I’ve worked out that all travelling costs will be £500 (tunnel, fuel, tolls) which we’ll just split evenly. I’m staying at the campsite in the valley (Allemont).

It’s gonna be a good trip!! Please get in touch if you’re interested on 07725072359.

Cheers.

Stuart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Megaavalance pikie camping spots’ is closed to new replies.