Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Meet & Greet Parking Heathrow?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

I am flying out of Heathrow in early Sept and wondered if anyone had used a meet and greet parking service there recently or whether anyone has any recommendations?

I need to park the car for 16 nights and there will be 3 of us (with Bike Bags & Kit!), so I don’t want one of those dodgy ones that make you hurry packing the car up because they have parked illegally…. Packing 3 bike bags and kit into the car will be a delicate operation.

Thanks.
    Leon

-m-
    Free Member

Do you know which terminal you’re flying from?

If you don’t want to have to pack intricately under pressure then your best bet will probably for one of you to meet-and-greet the meet-and-greet man at his preferred location, then scoot the car round into the nearest short-stay car park and meet everyone else there to pack the gear.

sm
    Free Member

I would’nt use these companies as I used to work for one many years ago. We used to meet just outside the airport and then race back to the compound, there were other competitions such as the longest wheel spin etc….

molgrips
    Free Member

We use them. Very handy. They seemed to have official recognition because they were all in the official zones. And they were very accommodating when we realised we were at the wrong terminal!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

-m- – Member

Do you know which terminal you’re flying from?

If you don’t want to have to pack intricately under pressure then your best bet will probably for one of you to meet-and-greet the meet-and-greet man at his preferred location, then scoot the car round into the nearest short-stay car park and meet everyone else there to pack the gear.

Terminal 3 & That’s good advice which may work?

sm – Member

I would’nt use these companies as I used to work for one many years ago. We used to meet just outside the airport and then race back to the compound, there were other competitions such as the longest wheel spin etc….

That was a worry when I ‘used’ to drive fast cars! Now I have a diesel 4×4 with traction control, so it would be a pointless race and no wheel spins for them!

molgrips – Member

We use them. Very handy. They seemed to have official recognition because they were all in the official zones. And they were very accommodating when we realised we were at the wrong terminal!

Which one did you use buddy?

flatfish
    Free Member

We use purple parking at Heathrow and I love it.
    They don’t hang about waiting for you to load it, You sign for it and they give you your keys back. Who cares if it takes 10 minutes to load but in all honesty your bike will be in a bag/case and you’ll have a bag/case for clothes etc. so how slow/delicate is that going to be to load?

molgrips
    Free Member

Which one did you use buddy?

Errrrrrrr… I can’t remember! Red uniforms tho, may have been T5. I’ll ask Mrs Grips.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

flatfish – Member

so how slow/delicate is that going to be to load?

Its not just one bike bag, it’s 3! And all the kit + bags with clothes etc. so I think when stacking them into a car it will be delicate as I don’t want to damage any of the bikes.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol.. baggage handlers will be far rougher than you so you better make sure they’re well protected enough for your own cart stacking not to matter 🙂

ltheisinger
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Lol.. baggage handlers will be far rougher than you so you better make sure they’re well protected enough for your own cart stacking not to matter

Good point well made!

flatfish
    Free Member

Thats what i was getting at, if your bikes packed well enough for the baggage gorilla’s it aint going to damage the bike by virtually throwing them into the car.

boblo
    Free Member

There’s valet parking at T3 and it’s not much dearer than business parking. I used it a couple of years ago and luckily no tyres down to canvas on return 🙂

Can’t recall the name, Google it.

spw3

Sorry for the late arrival. I have used MBW a couple of tImes and would recommend them.

TiRed

I’ve used Purple Parking many times for work. If it’s T5, there will be no rush to pack. T3 is a little busier outside where they drop off for collection, but you could always ask to meet in the short stay carpark. I expect they’ll oblige but you’ll be paying the extra parking.

Oh and I note the mileage on my trip meter, and know the distance from Hayes to T5. It’s not the 25 miles that I once spotted 🙄

LHS
    Free Member

Used various meet and greet companies at Heathrow, all with good service, book through APH and they are the same price or sometimes cheaper than standard off-airport parking.

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s links on the heathrow site for “officially approved” meet and greet companies. At most terminals they now meet you in or next to the carpark so there’s no mad rush to pack. Alternatively, drop everyone at heathrow then you take the car to the long stay and bus back. On return do the opposite. Takes a little longer but is easy enough (I do similar but park at my office).

br
    Free Member

I’ve used a variety of them over the years, they are all good.

But, tbh, I’ve used taxi’s from home for the last few years. Little difference in price (parking, fuel, wear+tear) and a lot less hassle. One of the guys I use has a Galaxy, I’m sure there are ones near you too.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’ve recently switched to Taxis – much less hassle with kids and loads of luggage. Not much use if you’re 200 miles from Heathrow though I guess!

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Mol didn’t ask, but I happened to pop on and notice the thread in my munchtime boredom 😉 (munchtime was not mis-spelled) 😀

We used Purplecar people I think it was called. They were very accommodating and even patiently waited one time (when Mol was not with so he’d not know this) while my SIL feed her baby quickly before going into the terminal 🙂

Meet and Greet make travelling while burdened SO much nicer.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

or Purple Parking perhaps not Purplecar

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – plenty to ‘Google’ there, although Taxis is NOT an option – 225 miles away 😯

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Meet & Greet Parking Heathrow?’ is closed to new replies.