Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Medical advice: boils.
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

Holy mother of jehovah, I've got a boil the size of a **** planet on my brow and it hurts like the proverbial sh!t.

Question is, should I take the advice of that prestigious medical journal and lance it or leave it alone…?

jedi

lance it and video it and stick it up on here. full sound

stuartie_c
    Free Member

This video should give you some guidance on how best to treat it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A boil? Or just a plook?

If it really is a boil Get professional advice you might well need antibiotics. Some are best lanced some are not – depends if you can feel a reservoir of pus under the surface and how deep it is.

Pics?

bananaworld
    Free Member

If I had the guts, I'd video it, but I'll probs scream like a girl.

That video is PRICELESS: I can only dream of the relief the guy must be feeling. I hope he's drunk though cos it must hurt so fricking much. I particularly like the way he keeps asking ot be shown the results…

Is it a boil? Well, it's got no head despite a massive chamber of cack under the surface (which is astonishingly annoying) and is tender as the night.

Believe me, you don't want pics…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

How can anyone on here who is medically qualified give you an opinion without any pics! 🙄

retro83
    Free Member

Go to the doctors, they can turn pretty nasty.

I had one on my forearm, and did the classic man thing of leaving it until it was so painful I could not continue to perform my daily chores. Suffice to say I now have a large scar (with a bizarre hole in the flesh where it was) and had to take a long course of anti-biotics.
    😳

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Massive chamber of cack you say – you can feel it?

If you have the bottle lance it then – sterilise whatever you are going to do it with – hold the skin tight and a nice firm jab. Otherwise go to your local minor injuries clinic and get them to do it.

Are yo sure it is not an alien?

And yes – we do want pics – preferably before and after if not during.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Is anyone on here medically qualified???

Doctors you say, I should go, ay? Hmmm, well that would be damn inconvenient…

Can I feel it? CAN I FEEL IT????? Something with the mass of Jupiter has entered orbit in the skin under my forehead and you're asking if I can FEEL IT????

Yes, I can feel it.

But I'd rather not as it hurts. A lot.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Can you feel the liquid centre? thats the indication for lancing it

Drs is not a bad idea – antibiotics might well be needed. Minor injuries clinic at your local hospital might be a good bet as well – open out of office hours and just walk in.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Prolax? I thought Picolax was the weapon of choice on here…

No liquid centre, just a mass of tender pain.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No liquid centre – forget lancing! you need antibiotics – the sooner the better

bananaworld
    Free Member

Ok you sick voyeurs, but it ain't pretty, or actually that exciting:

http://g-s.fotopic.net/c1773648.html

bananaworld
    Free Member

you need antibiotics

But I've never had antibiotics in my life – what if it kills all the friend;y gut bacteria I've worked three decades on…?

MikeG

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not that bad – deffo not ready for lancing and after seeing that pic I prescribe a big does of MTFU.

Antibiotics might be indicated

bananaworld
    Free Member

I prescribe a big does of MTFU

But it hurts

scaredypants

banana, you seem to have a spot

that video though ! – more of an exorcism than a lancing 😯

Kit
    Free Member

Back to that video – looked like a cyst to me. Had/have one on my back that got infected and got very sore and angry. GP had to cut it open without anaesthitic – boy did that hurt! Got home after work and had great delight in squeezing more pus and cyst material out of it 🙂

Now got a bit of a scar and due to have the cyst removed properly in a few weeks. Can't get enough of those videos – something really satisfying about them!

bananaworld
    Free Member

you seem to have a spot

But, like I said, it hurts

And that video is truly inspiring: I know what you mean about the satisfaction angle!

Flaperon

I think that's a spot, not a boil. Sorry. You might want to avoid squeezing it unless it has a crust, since you'll force the infection deeper into the skin.

jedi

get the potato peeler out and whip the top off.
    video it as well. it will at least be worth 250 quid for the video

bananaworld
    Free Member

Jedi, dude, Jeremy Beadle is dead… 🙁

get the potato peeler out

Like your style though!! 😀

jedi

i had one on my back once. i dismantled a pencil sharpner for the blade and sliced it in a mirror.

looked like zoro had got me after 🙂

bananaworld
    Free Member

Shit, you're twice the man I'll ever be.

Shame you didn't use yer light saber though…

samuri
    Free Member

That video was absolutely vile….but strangely entrancing. The amount of pus in that thing was truely spectacular. It was like cottage cheese at the end, the woman doing that must have had a stomach of steel.

As for the op, that's just a spot, MTFU, wait for it to grow a yellow head and then give it a squeeze.

I remember getting a great big spot on my foreskin. It was big, red and seriously hard (the spot), for about a week, and then I bit the bullet so to speak, gripped my foreskin from the bottom, pulled it down until the spot was shiny and exposed. Quick grip with my other hand and SQUIRT! All gone.

What? Have I gone too far?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just be glad you haven't got a pilonidal (sp?) sinus. The stinking pus that comes out of one of them really is something to behold. I've had two, first time before I found out what it was I thought I'd grown a second arsehole it was that foul.

bananaworld
    Free Member

You never forget your first ****, ay Sam?

There's defiintely a certain amount of unsupervised-male conversation on here after a certain time of night…

bananaworld
    Free Member

NEW FLASH – UPDATE

Oh you lot are gonna love this:

http://g-s.fotopic.net/p61799033.html

I woke up this morning to find that the swelling around it has got so bad that I can't open my eye properly.

Think I might have to MTFD a bit and go to the hospital. When they ask I'm gonna give my name as 'Joseph Merrick'.

samuri
    Free Member

looking nice, I still think it's just a bit of a spot though. Jam a pin in it.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

its a spot!!!

bananaworld
    Free Member

Nah, it's defo not just a spot. I'm a bit of an expert on spots cos I have my fair share and throughly enjoy, against medical advice, squeezing them. There's no squeezing this bad boy and the swelling around it is insane: it's encroaching on my eye socket and I can't open my left eye all the way!

It is to a spot as Terminator is to Robosapien.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Have you got a dremel? That'll sort it in a jiffy!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Gaffer tape?

robgarrioch

Beware hard-of-hearing nurses, if you wear glasses…

("No nurse, I said remove his glasses & prick his boil!")

IGMC

bananaworld
    Free Member

Maybe a Dremel and THEN gaffer tape, if we're going down the real man route?

montylikesbeer

Get a lance

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Get a Lance?

AndyP
    Free Member

("No nurse, I said remove his glasses & prick his boil!")

FAIL.
    it's 'spectacles', not 'glasses'…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Medical advice: boils.’ is closed to new replies.