Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 323 total)
  • Mayweather Vs McGregor
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

TBH I don’t care who does it… I just want to see Mayweather sparked out in the first round.

The more ignominious and anticlimtic… the better.

I want it to be so embarrassinghe can never show his **** face in public again.

ctk
    Free Member

I’ll be happy to see either knocked out.

Not sure why other boxers/mmartists dont cotton on to the fact that being a **** gets ppvs. Kevin Lee slightly trying, Rockhold would be brilliant at it!

lazybike
    Free Member

I can’t imagine Mcgregor ever weighing 168 I bumped into him in Lakeside, he’s tiny!

mooman
    Free Member

rankconway – Member

If Mayweather hasn’t lost too much of his skill he should punish McGregor just enough in every round to make it very painful and give him a legal working over and we will the see how much ‘heart’ McGregor has – stick it for 12 rounds of unrelenting punishment or throw in the towel?

Much as we saw when Tony Bellew turned his back to quit against Adonis Stevenson … all pre-fight big talk, especially by the most vocal, is very often more about a person trying to convince themselves more than their opponent, and once they start catching a few hurtful shots all their insecurities come back to them.

The weight isnt an issue – not long ago it was common for top guys to move up divisions once they dominated their own division. If Mcgregor could actually box, and knew how to best use the weight advantage it may have cause for concern – but he doesnt ... itll be 2 punch combos falling short from him.

Mayweather will TKO him in the 5th.

Jamie
    Free Member

McG will KO him in the 4th. 😀

mikey3
    Free Member

Conor seems pretty cool when I’ve seen vids of him interacting with fans on a one to one level so it’s obvious he’s acting the dildo because he thinks it will get under mayweathers skin like it did aldo,but lets face it,ufc fighters first line of defence when trading punches is their face,he is in a different universe now,his only chance is be the Wildman and hope something lands,he will gas as usual and quit.

pondo

… lets face it,ufc fighters first line of defence when trading punches is their face…

Like. 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

pondo – Member

… lets face it,ufc fighters first line of defence when trading punches is their face…

Like. [/quote]

Excessive head movement or bobbing and weaving will get you kicked in the head. Four ounce gloves don’t allow you to create the same protective shell that boxing gloves do, and if you did you’d be leaving yourself open to a liver kick or a takedown.

But yeah, they block punches with their face. Some deep insight there 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

But yeah, they block punches with their face. Some deep insight there

To be fair, Justin Gaethje does just that 🙂

BoardinBob

Conor talks shit to hype the fight but he comes across as a good guy normally

Mayweather on the other hand is an absolute scumbag by all accounts

tpbiker
    Free Member

The big weight advantage may sound like it evens things up, but canelo weighed around 170 against mayweather in their fight, and it didn’t help him in any way. And canelo is a pfp boxer who is as young as mcgregor and will punch just as hard with far better combinations and accuracy.

McGregor has two hopes, either mayweather has not taken this seriously, or he’s completely shot since retirement. Either are possible which is why it’s not a total foregone conclusion..

If mcgregor wins he’ll proclaim himself the king of boxing. Hopefully he’ll back it up with a fight against the winner of ggg vs canelo. That would be an absolute massacre.

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEXgbybXRaw[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

But yeah, they block punches with their face. Some deep insight there

To be fair, Justin Gaethje does just that [/quote]

Yeah and Gaethje has said he doesn’t care about getting brain damage so….. 😕

Drac

[video]https://youtu.be/y6sV0Ciuxfg[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah and Gaethje has said he doesn’t care about getting brain damage so…..

That’ll be the brain damage talking.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Anyone and everyone thinking that this is anything other than a multi-million making pantomime is deluded. The whole thing is carefully considered and choreographed.

It’ll last to round 5 or 6, in order to provide some kind of satisfactory show for the crowd, at which point Mayweathers contractual domincance will see Greg KO’d.

If I’m wrong, pedigree will destroy Greg in the first round.

BoardinBob

Who’s Greg?

pondo

Boxing has a proud recent history of producing shit fights wherever the hand of expectation weighes heavy. Not expecting a lot of choreography tonight.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone and everyone thinking that this is anything other than a multi-million making pantomime is deluded.

Agreed!
    This will go down in history along with Ali v Antonio Inoki and Tyson v Shawn Michaels (I had to look those up).

Jamie
    Free Member

…but will probably still be more entertaining than Mayweather v Pacquiao.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll wait til they show it free next week. Cleverly v Jack is an interesting fight.

BoardinBob

pondo – Member
    Boxing has a proud recent history of producing shit fights wherever the hand of expectation weighes heavy. Not expecting a lot of choreography tonight

No doubt there has been some damp squibs but away from the superfights there have been some absolute crackers recently, and even then some of the recent big fights have been good (josh vs wlad for example)

If you havent seen him, go and watch Lomachenko’s pro fights. Its like something from the matrix.

All this talk of boxing being dead is nonsense.

Lomachenko
    GGG
    Crawford
    Canelo
    Spence Jr
    Thurman
    Rigondeaux
    Mikey Garcia
    Joshua
    Roman Gonzalez
    Etc

All a joy to watch

BoardinBob

If anyones up, the Cotto fight on box nation is great. Cotto looking brilliant in his last ever fight against a man mountain that keeps coming forward

mooman
    Free Member

how long did that take to choreograph?

1. Allow Conor to appear to outbox Mayweather for rounds (but Floyd doesn’t have to take any big punches … just jabs).
    2. Make it look like Mayweather has forgotten how to box or throw a combination.
    3. TKO him when you think the crowd have enjoyed it.

Well there’s the TKO

trail_rat
    Free Member

Allow Conor to appear to outbox Mayweather for rounds

Were you watching the same fight?

Being offensive while landing absolutely nothing despite scoring you points for being offensive isn’t outboxing someone.

It was simply a case of letting him tire and finding his gaps.

Mayweather was just getting started when the call came. Did anyone else catch the ferousious upper cut that wasn’t far off landing on McGregor’s chin in the round before. Don’t care how good your chin is- if that connected it would have been good night vienna.

McGregor never even got close to looking like he was troubling Mayweather.

ctk
    Free Member

Mayweather choreographed it for sure, Connor not in on it.

mooman
    Free Member

Win a round by landing a big punch, or a single jab … still wins you the round. And a glancing jabs was prob what gave Conor the early rounds. Because Mayweather did nothing.

the circus is over now anyways. The MMA guys now seem happy; from being 100% their man would KO Mayweather within 3 rounds … now they are happy their guy managed to not get KO’d till the 10th, they so easy to please!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Remind me again why winning rounds matters when you been KO before it went the distance.

Why would you risk letting your guard down to someone who’s fighting like he’s on a punch bag in the gym. With the best will In the world McGregor couldn’t keep that up for 12(or even 4 as the case was) and Mayweather knows that. Let the man tire him self out then pick up the pieces

mooman
    Free Member

The MMA fans appear happy their man won those first 3 rounds … and even managed to not get stopped till the 10th.
    It’s called a moral victory … I not get it either!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah but those self same MMA fans are now wittering on about if it has been MMA Floyd would have got wooped.

No shit.

Bit like why you don’t see Lewis Hamilton playing in goals for manchester united

Jamie
    Free Member

Actually all the MMA fans are chipping in to pay for the surgery to remove the sticks that seemed to be stuck up most boxing fan’s arses.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is this the fighting bat going on… honestly it was dull neither came out of it that well, not really a spectacle or entertaining in the end. The winners were the players and promoters bank accounts

Jamie
    Free Member

Fighting bat? Is that Conor’s next opponent?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

that was autocorrected from bantz, though judging by the performance he might struggle against a punching bag for tactics

DezB
    Free Member

The winners were the players and promoters bank accounts

Shocker! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

True Dez but I wonder how those lads feel now who quit their jobs in Ireland to fly to Vegas for the fight, did anyone here think it would have had an audience without the names?

Drac

True Dez but I wonder how those lads feel now who quit their jobs in Ireland to fly to Vegas for the fight, did anyone here think it would have had an audience without the names?

That’s a stupid thing to do but hardly the fault of the promoters.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not blaming them at all but struggling to see either boxing or mma coming out of this too well in terms of putting on a show. Did I miss something exciting in there?
    McGregor never looked threatening, mayweather was just patient but not bold enough to flatten him.

dannyh
    Free Member

Just announced, these two will go head to head in a cross discipline tournament to decide who is ‘the best’. Their disciplines are basically the same, so it should make for a good spectacle and resolve the argument that has got millions* worked up – which is the better pointy object throwing discipline?

*A few promoters and a few tosspots.

ctk
    Free Member

I loved the look Mayeather gave Connor after (iirc) the 2nd round; sat on his stool, refuses water, moves his corner man out of the way & just looks over at Mcgregor. Camera cuts to Mcg and he has 2 ice packs on and is gasping!

Berto has an interview on youtube saying what its like to fight Mayweather and his impression is spot on!

Edit: Target javelin, I’d watch that!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 323 total)

The topic ‘Mayweather Vs McGregor’ is closed to new replies.