Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 323 total)
  • Mayweather Vs McGregor
  • warton
    Free Member

loddrick, tell me otherwise, what did I say about stance, weight, the way the fight will play out that’s so funny?

Interestingly, you haven’t tried to break the fight down, in this thread, just posted gifs, and said Conor won’t hit him, without any substance behind your thoughts.

lets hear it…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

That looks like a legit news site.

jimjam
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – Member

That looks like a legit news site.

Yeah, I see it’s also being reported on such reputable news channels as Conspiracy Rabbit TV and Illuminati Secrets Revealed on youtube.

ctk
    Free Member

#fakenews

mooman
    Free Member

The wishful thinking that McGregors unconventional and very different fighting style and stance is going to be to his benefit is laughable; the best style and stance for boxing is the boxing stance … its developed to be so.
    From the prizefighting rules of arms out and fists angled upwards to predominantly deliver the punch in an uppercut arch to protect hands/knuckles, to the modern queensbury rules where hands are protected and full bloodied shots can be safely thrown at the head.

McGregor will look foolish, and find it very painful if he starts throwing punches in the ring as he is showing on the punch bag.

I am not even sure McGregor is taking this serious, he seems to be spending more time posing for instagram photos.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Sorry Warton, not really buying into your prediction.. no way McGregor manages to achieve what Hatton, Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, De La Hoya etc failed to do, considering they all boxed since a young age and know the sport inside out.

You’re buying into the hype, this happens every time before a Mayweather fight – he’s too old, brittle hands, younger hungry opponent, we’ve found his weakness etc – they all end the same way, Floyd won’t take risks, the crowd will go crazy as Connor throws some huge shots, but if you look closely you’ll see that none actually land, Floyd lands some spiteful counters and does enough to win each round. It either ends late on if McGregor gasses, or 108-120 points to Floyd.

Canelo is arguably the pound for pound active fighter, and could hardly lay a glove on Mayweather. McGregor won’t fair any better.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am not even sure McGregor is taking this serious, he seems to be spending more time posing for instagram photos.

Erm.

jimjam
    Free Member

mooman – Member

McGregor will look foolish, and find it very painful if he starts throwing punches in the ring as he is showing on the punch bag.

Hook line and sinker springs to mind.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

If anybody really thinks this is going to be any kind of contest – they are deluding themselves.

These are two different sports. McGregor may be master of MMA but he’d be hopelessly outclassed by any elite level boxer. You can’t learn boxing by sparring for a few months. It takes a lifetime. If this was a boxing/MMA hybrid type contest then it might be different.

Mayweather is one of the greatest of all time. It’ll be a non event.

Why are they doing it? The pay cheque. Who can blame them?

The public are gullible. Enough of them can be fooled once – that’s all the money men need to sell this farce.

warton
    Free Member

McGregor may be master of MMA but he’d be hopelessly outclassed by any elite level boxer

Like Paulie Malignaggi….

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Paulie is clearly in massive decline, hasn’t had a decent victory in around 8 years. He’s also retired, out of shape and you’re basing your judgement on two handpicked 5 second clips of sparring – we don’t know what happened in the first 10 rounds – Paulie is claiming he won them then gassed later on as he was out of shape – he’s asked for the tapes to be released to prove this.

Either way, prime Paulie would easily beat prime McGregor, and an old Mayweather would comfortably beat both of them.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’d like to think it’ll be interesting to watch but i can’t see it in honesty.

I’m expecting McGregor goes out hard in the first round, his only real hope being to surprise mayweather and flatten him inside a minute, chances are slim. After that its mayweather’s fight to loose, mayweather will dance the night away and leave McGregor bruised and bloodied by the end having taken very few meaningful blows.

McGregor isn’t going down unless he runs himself into the ground.

Mayweather isn’t going down unless he screws up.

Mayweather wins on a huge points margin.

It’s nothing to do with how good McGregor is, the fact is he’s in the wrong ring and his only hope is to win a points match with an early knockout. (And there’s the thing this isn’t a knockout sport with Mayweather, regardless of what’s achievable in the rules)

Tyson would have been an interesting boxer to fight McGregor and probably would have lost. Mayweather will be as dull on Saturday as he’s always been and in all probability will best McGregor.

BoardinBob

Conor’s been a professional fighter for almost 10 years.

He started boxing at age 12, and was all Ireland champion. At 16 he switched to martial arts.

What do you think happens in an MMA gym? Do you think they’re always doing “mma”? If so, you’re wrong. During training the fighters will do sessions dedicated to a particular discipline. A boxing session, a jits session, a muay thai session, a wrestling session etc, then they’ll bring it all together for sparring and drills.

To say Conor hasn’t been boxing is a mistake. Yes, Floyd is far, far more experienced, but Conor hasn’t just learned to box in the last few weeks.

warton
    Free Member

he fought for a world title 6 months ago….

user-removed
    Free Member

McGregor’s opponents are mostly scared of the surprise right leg. Watch his matches. It’s got to hurt. A lot. A knee in the upper thigh renders you pretty much unable to stand, let alone walk, let alone box.

In a boxing ring, that’s obvs illegal. So my money’s on Mayweather.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think both sides need to chill out. It’s just a goofy bit of entertainment.

The facts are Mayweather is one of the most dominant boxers in the last decade. Conor, in boxing terms is not. Logic states Mayweather wins, but it’s always fun to see an upset.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

he fought for a world title 6 months ago….

yep, and looked like a shadow of his former self, was easy to hit and lost comfortably… hence why he retired, he doesn’t have it anymore..

jimjam
    Free Member

user-removed – Member

McGregor’s opponents are mostly scared of the surprise right leg.

That’s called a leg kick. In mma it’s not a surprise.

Jamie – Member

It’s just a goofy bit of entertainment.

Very much so.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well we’ve bought in to the whole freak show, lads round at mates house, beer, decks, pool and darts are the starting point to our evening, who knows if any of us will stay awake for the actual fight….

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My dad is bigger than your dad

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    Well we’ve bought in to the whole freak show, lads round at mates house, beer, decks, pool and darts are the starting point to our evening, who knows if any of us will stay awake for the actual fight….

Sounds like you’ll get all the best bits anyhow.

mikey3
    Free Member

I hate all the people who organised this circus,but only because I know its just a farce but I want to see it so damn much,marketing geniuses all of them,****:)

user-removed
    Free Member

Imagine, just for one second, that you’ve grown up in between caravans beating up your friends.

Then suddenly, a grown up imposes rules. No legs, no hits below the belt, no getting your mates in to finsh up.

That wee caravan boy doesn’t stand a chance, much as I’d like him to.

BoardinBob

^this

It’s fun.

Floyd win for me
    Conor could surprise us and come out wild in the first few rounds. I can’t see him being remotely bothered by Floyd’s power so he may just go for it

BoardinBob

Ah, casual racism

He’s Irish and fights so he must be a gypsy eh?
    🙄

muggomagic

That wee caravan boy doesn’t stand a chance, much as I’d like him to.

You know that Conor McGregor isn’t actually Mickey from Snatch don’t you?

mikey3
    Free Member

He’s not a gypsy is he? I thought his family were always relatively well off and had a big house any everything:)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Has he got any dags?

muggomagic

No he’s not a gypsy, user removed is just being a bit of a dick

jimjam
    Free Member

muggomagic – Member

No he’s not a gypsy, user removed is just being a bit of a dick

I thought his “surprise kick” analysis was more insightful.

user-removed
    Free Member

Well. You tell me when it’s coming and call it a surprise.

I don’t believe for one second that a person can fight governed by a set of rules and stay conscious. So, once again, my money’s on the big black guy.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

user-removed – Member
    Well. You tell me when it’s coming and call it a surprise.

I don’t believe for one second that a person can fight governed by a set of rules and stay conscious. So, once again, my money’s on the big black guy.

Come back Chewkw, all is forgiven

Jamie
    Free Member

lol

user-removed
    Free Member

“Ah, casual racism

He’s Irish and fights so he must be a gypsy eh?”

Well. I’m Scottish and I enjoy a bit of a barney as it happens. I suspect my Irish friends feel the same.

The fact that I usually end up face-down on the pavement, missing teeth has no bearing on the conversation.

Jamie
    Free Member

The fact that I usually end up face-down on the pavement, missing teeth has no bearing on the conversation.

Repeated blows to the head may explain some things.

user-removed
    Free Member

Indeed. I didn’t start the fire. Aberdeen soccer casuals did. Every single night out was marred by football types after a fecht.

Some of them had knives. All of them had fists.

My surprise right leg pré-dated MCconner’s.

andykirk
    Free Member

Mayweather is the slimiest slipperiest boxer ever…. if you watch his previous fights he is almost impossible to actually hit and connect with in any meaningful way. This is the problem for McGregor, and I think his camp will have spent the entire time coming up with an attack style that is so unorthodox it will be almost bizarre. I think surprising Mayweather with some totally weird attack is McGregor’s only possible chance to win. McGregor simply cannot beat him using traditional techniques.

user-removed
    Free Member

slimiest slipperiest boxer ever…. if you watch his previous fights

This. All day long. He’s unconventional, as is McGregor. This us exactly why it’ll be an interesting battle.

ctk
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/63J63lylnnc[/video]

McGregor sparring Van Heerden gives a good idea of Mcgregors style. I don’t expect him to charge in.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 323 total)

The topic ‘Mayweather Vs McGregor’ is closed to new replies.