Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis – Tubeless?
  • ononeorange

I am looking to buy a Maxxis Advantage in 2.25″ flavour, and want to use it tubeless on a Stan’s conversion (on a 719 rim).

Am I best off buying the LUST version (which seems to be the airtight version)? I ask as I cannot find any LUST 2.25″ for sale. Or can I just use an ordinary one and hope it inflates / stays up?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My 2.35 high rollers (single ply, kevlar) go up and stay up just fine

Clobber
    Free Member

Ordinary Maxxis always go up tubeless for me and seal fine with stans sealant, except for a 29er beaver with which I had terrible trouble getting seated, but then sealed fine after that.

Clobber
    Free Member

Milkie – Member
    They don’t do a Maxxis Advantage LUST in 2.25″.

That list also doesn’t include the foldable 2.4 EXO that currently resides on my bike

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve run a single ply ADvantage tubeless on a Flow rim with Stans fluid on the FS.
    I fitted it on the rear and to be honest, it didn’t last long. The side wall ripped pretty quickly.
    I’ve also run the 2.1 Lust ADvantage in the same way. It faired much better.

Both go up easy enough and seal perfectly well with the Stans fluid.

I’ve run single ply ST Minions tubeless on the front of the FS for a few years now. They’ve been faltless.

On the rear, I’m currently running dual ply High Roller tubeless with Stans. This was a pig to get to seal/inflate with a track pump (had to leave a tube in for hours first) but has been faltless since.

ononeorange

Thanks chaps.

(That link does seem to indicate that only the 2.1″ in available in LUST). Will give the “normal” ones a go.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’ve run a standard kevlar bead 2.25 Advantage for 3 years on stans no problem , its just started to go in the side walls so its been replaced with an Ardent,
    Scary in the wet compared to the Advantage 😀

MarkN
    Free Member

Never had a problem with Maxis std tyre in a tubeless environment. Panaracer on the other hand is not so good.

Northwind

Haven’t used a 2.25 Advantage as tubless but my 2.4 went up first time and worked well- it was the EXO version though so probably a bit tougher of sidewall than the standard.

Never had a Maxxis that didn’t tubeless easily now I think of it.

flyingfannybaws
    Free Member

been running my maxxis advantage on front and rear tubeless for a few months with no problems. They are just the standard tyres on XM819 rims with stans sealant.

Ive been running the pressure about 30 to 35 but havent had any blowouts yet.

Front was alot harder to put on than the rear and i had to use the old innertube to get the bead snug inside on of the rim lips but the second bead went on no problem.

Good luck and enjoy the advantage, they are good all rounders

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

However i’d like to ammend my post up there, I recently mnaaged to roll my high roller off the rim and lost some (not all) of the air. In it’s defence, I went off a drop a little too quickly, had to hip the bike sideways to line it up for the next corner and ended up getting it very sideways in a series of parrallel ruts, it’s never happend on any normal corner though just that freak occourance where the tyre/wheel wedged itself in a rut whilst sliding.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis – Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.