Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis Minion and High roller together?
  • si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

I am look for a new set of tyres and have a High roller 2.35 single ply 60a spare and need a front tyre to suit, so was thinking of the Minion 2.35 super tacky, does anyone have any experience of this combo?

My first choice would be a super tacky high roller 2.35, but i cant find anywhere in stock!

STATO
    Free Member

It seems a popular combination these days, not tried it myself but ive used minions and high rollers and i think it would work quite well.

retro83
    Free Member

I’m doing that but with the 60A version. Works nicely, better than 2 High Rollers IMVHO 🙂

keyses2

Same here – 60a minion front and 60a high roller rear, both 2.35″ single ply, on both bikes (full sus and hardtail) all year round.

scaredypants

I used a ST minion on front & ST HRoller on the back in Les Arcs last year – worked just fine for me (but I’m no tyre connoisseur)

… wouldn’t fancy pedalling the feckers anywhere though

djglover
    Free Member

I used a front minion 2.5 and a rear high roller 2.35 for racing a few years back. Great combo as the high roller is less agressive than the minnion it lasts longer on the back

genghispod
    Free Member

Every Halfords I go in seems to have the Highroller ST in stock. Might be worth a try.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I used minion 42a front and high roller 60a rear, both 2.35 sp.
    I was disappointed with traction with HR on rear, especially when climbing.
    Now run a minion 60a rear and find it much betterfor traction and don’t notice any more drag.

chorscroft
    Free Member

si_brodiebikes,

If you’re reading this could you please contact me about the wheelset you’re selling.
    My email is chorscroft@gmail.com

Cheers

Conor

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Conor YGM.

Thanks for the input guys, i preseum most of you have used the tires for more every day riding not just DH?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Been thinking along the same lines as I need some new rubber as well. So
    1) why go for an HR rear rather than a Minion?
    2) if you went Minion rear would you go front or rear type?

alpin
    Free Member

funny.

people that i rode with had highrollers on the front then something different on the rear, in my case highroller front/advantage rear.

works well. the high roller corners well and the advantage 2.4 climbs well and sucks up crap on the back end on the way down.

will most likely replace both lke-for-like when worn out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minion and High roller together?’ is closed to new replies.