Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maxxis High Rollers – Which way round?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just got some new Maxxis High Rollers and wondering about directionality. Am i right in thinking if i want to have the back fast rolling i follow the arrow on the tyre and if i want the front gripping more then i just have it rotate the other way….so it rolls against the tread as it where.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Normally for most tyres, you want square edges of the central tread to dig in when braking. I find this easier to see by turning the bike upside down during wheel removal and tyre fitting – the square edge is facing forwards when the bike is upside down.

People sometimes reverse the rear tyre so that the square edge digs-in under pedal-power, esp. if the trails are sloppy. But theoretically this rolls slower and compromises braking grip.

But it all depends on tyre model and personal preferences.

tinsy
    Free Member

edit,follow the arrow for best rolling and braking grip…. Not used mine yet but went for a Minion for the front.

goodgrief
    Free Member

most of the time you want fast rolling and braking grip so put them both on following the directional arrow. the front makes no difference, you'd just be losing braking performance. if your ride is full of slippy climbs maybe it would be worth running it backwards but otherwise it doesn't make sense.
    minion dhf's are a far superior trail tyre imo.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have the rollers, LUSTS 2.35s, as i got a very good deal on them. Will switch to a Minion up front nearer winter. Thanks for the advice anyways, will stick them on as Maxxis intended.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis High Rollers – Which way round?’ is closed to new replies.