Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Maxxis Aspen – anyone tried them?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Maxxis Aspen – anyone tried them?

grtdkad

I've not tried them but they appear to be standard fit on Whyte 19 Works, which to me is a reasonable sign of endorsement?

Paceman
    Free Member

Yes i'm sure Whyte wouldn't have put them on if they didn't rate them.

I'm particularly interested in how the sizing comes up on the 2.1's and their performance out on the trails.

ratnips
    Free Member

Been running the 2.25 for the past couple of months and I'm very impressed and surprised at how well they are wearing for a race tyre.

The only other tyres I've used over a long period is the WTB Moto Raptor and think the Aspen beats them for rolling resistance while matching grip – even in the wet.

Dougal
    Free Member

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!! They're a secret!

Ran one on the front with a Crossmark on the rear for SXC Kirroughtree this past weekend. Awesome tyre, heaps of grip yet super fast. 2.1 62a run tubeless.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Not tried them myself but they got a favourable mention in a WMB review of the Whyte 905 that has them as standard issue.

Having seen some Whytes in a shop,recently they look like they are a decent size for their relative width too.

Quite interested in trying some myself when my Nobby Nics expire…..

Run (2.25 F & 2.1R). Good grip and wear, typical Maxxis large volume/size. Grip and wear well (so far). Fast rolling too.

nickc

Friend ran them last year in't "summer". Nice an' fast, bit puncture prone, he ran them tubless, and had a couple of "foaming gash" moments…

Paceman
    Free Member

Cheers guys, may investigate these further for the summer 8)

Paceman
    Free Member

Tried the Maxxis Aspen 2.1 eXCeption on the rear today with my usual 2.35 Maxxpro High Roller up front… lightning quick and grippy on the dried out trails. Very little drag and seem to hook up well on corners with their bitey little side lugs.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have a 1 ride old 2.25 on the backend of my 456. Run tubeless.

So far so good. Pleasantly fast rolling, no abscence of grip. Running a little firm at 28psi, and I suspect that in rocky conditions the sidewalls would suffer fairly quicly, just like the 2.25 ADvantage on the front.

glenh
    Free Member

I think they are great – way more grip that you might expect from looking at them, and not just in dry conditions either.

lawnmowerman
    Free Member

I have the Aspen 2.25 on the rear of my hardtail, fantastic tyre.

BTW just spotted 29" Maxxis Aspen is now available here ->

29" Maxxis Aspen

messiah
    Free Member

2.25's came on my Whyte 19 Steel. Very happy with them. Did not expect much from looking at them but they roll well and grip feels fine most of the time. They don't clog wth mud much but they also don't grip with it well either. On dry dustry trails they are fab and they drift lovely before the side knobs bite and they rail round berms.

I plan to run them through the summer for which I think they will be ace, when it turns gloopy later in the year I'll be bunging on something a bit more aggresive.

thomthumb
    Free Member

BTW just spotted 29" Maxxis Aspen is now available here ->

sweet. cheers.

so aspen or crossmark rear?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Aspen – anyone tried them?’ is closed to new replies.